Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 3/13/2020.
2017 AT w/340miles on the clock.
Took a quick road trip to Ohio to pick her up. Hauled home in a 5x9 trailer with no issues, 1000 miles round trip.

Went for a spin this afternoon, 32 degrees and flurries. First impression: engine runs smooth. It's pretty quick and nimble. Much easier to ride than my VTX.

I keyed the Honda panniers that came with the bike. Not exactly simple, but the instructions were easy to follow and it got easier after the 1st one

Looking forward to some warm weather so I can put some miles on!

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Nice, and a truck to match your bike too..

Reactions: Ajmogen

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wiring diagram for aux power and lights
Aux lights available only with high beams. Turn off high beam, aux lights will be disabled

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power outlet
Blue Sea 1045 Fast Charge Dual USB Charger Boat Socket Mount 4.8A Phone Tablet

LED
Push button

Eastern Beaver harness and relay

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took a 100 mile twisty social distancing ride this afternoon, great ride! Until 3 miles from home, decided to take a back road, turned onto road , and before I could say ****, I was down.
Greasy road? shitty stock tires? I dont know.
Foot's swolen, bike's fine.
Changing tires just took #1 priority. I've got a set of Pirelli scorpion mt-90, just need to install.

·
Super Moderator
3,486 Posts
Took a 100 mile twisty social distancing ride this afternoon, great ride! Until 3 miles from home, decided to take a back road, turned onto road , and before I could say ****, I was down.
Greasy road? shitty stock tires? I dont know.
Foot's swolen, bike's fine.
Changing tires just took #1 priority. I've got a set of Pirelli scorpion mt-90, just need to install.
Mounted tires are Dunlop Trailmax?

I am sure you are happy about the condition of your AT.

Glad nothing worse became of you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mounted tires are Dunlop Trailmax?

I am sure you are happy about the condition of your AT.

Glad nothing worse became of you.
They are the stock Dunlops. I felt some tire slip earlier in the ride and didn't think much of it. I've never had a tire slide out like that before. Not on dry tarmac at least.

I'm pleased with the crash bars. Just a skuff on the hand guards as far as I could see.

I'll be back on her once my foot heals. I don't bounce as well as I used to

·
Super Moderator
3,486 Posts
They are the stock Dunlops. I felt some tire slip earlier in the ride and didn't think much of it. I've never had a tire slide out like that before. Not on dry tarmac at least.

I'm pleased with the crash bars. Just a skuff on the hand guards as far as I could see.

I'll be back on her once my foot heals. I don't bounce as well as I used to
I have read multiple stories about the Trailmax tire slipping, even low mileage tires on dry pavement. I have experienced this myself on another bike, and fortunately the torque control system kicked in. I was turning. Prior to taking delivery of my AT, I had the dealership replace the tires immediately with Bridgestone A41 (mostly road riding).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Ajmogen, I ride a 2016 manual 56k, the best tires in my experience for my AT are continental tires , the tkc80, TKC70 & the conti trail attack 3 these tires are amazing, if you ride mainly street & an occasional dirt road the attack 3 are perfect for all conditions wet or dry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts