Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve looked all over on how to remove these things. Some say drilling a hole. Just put this pipe on today and mine has screws. Only when screws are removed the things won’t budge to be pulled out. Not concerned if it’s to loud with them out. Plenty of loud Harley’s around here so no one will care. Didn’t want to bend them up trying to hard tugging on them

Am I missing something here? Shouldn’t they just pull out with screws removed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apply some kind of anti corrosion spray after blocking the inlet. Let it set. Carbon build up could be holding them in place.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s brand new I just put it on today. Couldn’t get them out before I ever cranked it for the first time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got them out! Trick is clamp a pair of vise grips on the end, take a chisel and put it against the vise grip screw and they tap right out with a simple hammer. I did heat them up with a heat gun but probably not necessary.

Sounds so much better and breathes now. Rather have a full system and bye bye CAT. May do that in the end. Lose some more weight.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Love this can, do feel free to post a video of the can whilst running...if you wan to of course.
lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts