Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,132 Posts
🤔 ummmmmm.
I’m pretty sure that’s not installed properly.
JK
From what I’ve read no re-mapping is needed, but of course they recommend it to “get the most out of the new system “
So then it’s up to what you want out of your AT.. But if you have a DCT you can’t Dyno it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Having done a full system, and a dynojet and a dyno tune on different bike, I feel like the cost isn't worth the outcome. I have heard the sound of the AT with a Yoshimura slip-on and feel like the investment of the slip-on just for the sound is worth it.

But to answer your question, I would go with the dynojet AND the auto tuning module. I have had good results with those products. I have not had any experience with the other brands.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A Dobeck Performance Electronic Jet Kit might get you where you need to be as far as tuning for the extra flow. It includes the O2 bypass module with the kit. It's just 2 resistors in a plug at the O2 harness.

It doesn't require a computer and is much cheaper than a lot of the tuning options out there. That's why I settled on it. I don't want to have to break out the laptop for each tune each adjustment I need to make or have to buy extra modules to change my mapping on bike.

So far, I find it pretty easy to use. I'm basically stock and just wanted to sort out the low throttle galloping I experienced due to it running lean. A couple presses of a button when acting on the appropriate load/rpms phase (Green section per the manual) and I've settled my issue.

I'm going to tune it further on during the next long trip I have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Dobeck Performance Electronic Jet Kit might get you where you need to be as far as tuning for the extra flow. It includes the O2 bypass module with the kit. It's just 2 resistors in a plug at the O2 harness.

It doesn't require a computer and is much cheaper than a lot of the tuning options out there. That's why I settled on it. I don't want to have to break out the laptop for each tune each adjustment I need to make or have to buy extra modules to change my mapping on bike.

So far, I find it pretty easy to use. I'm basically stock and just wanted to sort out the low throttle galloping I experienced due to it running lean. A couple presses of a button when acting on the appropriate load/rpms phase (Green section per the manual) and I've settled my issue.

I'm going to tune it further on during the next long trip I have.
Excellent, I really appreciate your feedback on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts