Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,203 Posts
🤔 ummmmmm.
I’m pretty sure that’s not installed properly.
JK
From what I’ve read no re-mapping is needed, but of course they recommend it to “get the most out of the new system “
So then it’s up to what you want out of your AT.. But if you have a DCT you can’t Dyno it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Having done a full system, and a dynojet and a dyno tune on different bike, I feel like the cost isn't worth the outcome. I have heard the sound of the AT with a Yoshimura slip-on and feel like the investment of the slip-on just for the sound is worth it.

But to answer your question, I would go with the dynojet AND the auto tuning module. I have had good results with those products. I have not had any experience with the other brands.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A Dobeck Performance Electronic Jet Kit might get you where you need to be as far as tuning for the extra flow. It includes the O2 bypass module with the kit. It's just 2 resistors in a plug at the O2 harness.

It doesn't require a computer and is much cheaper than a lot of the tuning options out there. That's why I settled on it. I don't want to have to break out the laptop for each tune each adjustment I need to make or have to buy extra modules to change my mapping on bike.

So far, I find it pretty easy to use. I'm basically stock and just wanted to sort out the low throttle galloping I experienced due to it running lean. A couple presses of a button when acting on the appropriate load/rpms phase (Green section per the manual) and I've settled my issue.

I'm going to tune it further on during the next long trip I have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Dobeck Performance Electronic Jet Kit might get you where you need to be as far as tuning for the extra flow. It includes the O2 bypass module with the kit. It's just 2 resistors in a plug at the O2 harness.

It doesn't require a computer and is much cheaper than a lot of the tuning options out there. That's why I settled on it. I don't want to have to break out the laptop for each tune each adjustment I need to make or have to buy extra modules to change my mapping on bike.

So far, I find it pretty easy to use. I'm basically stock and just wanted to sort out the low throttle galloping I experienced due to it running lean. A couple presses of a button when acting on the appropriate load/rpms phase (Green section per the manual) and I've settled my issue.

I'm going to tune it further on during the next long trip I have.
Excellent, I really appreciate your feedback on this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am thinking about a ECU flash not for more power but smoother working between 3000-5000 rpm. This is the range of the environment measurements and the engine is reduced in that area. Beside of that you will get approx 7% more power and torque. Fuel consumption is in most cases a bit lower or equal

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am thinking about a ECU flash not for more power but smoother working between 3000-5000 rpm. This is the range of the environment measurements and the engine is reduced in that area. Beside of that you will get approx 7% more power and torque. Fuel consumption is in most cases a bit lower or equal
I put the exhaust on and I am quite pleased at how well it fuels without a tune. It definitely needs one, but for the time being it feels quite good. I don't know how the adaptive parameters are re-set in a Honda ECU, but I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, then started it and let it idle until it came up to full operating temperature, then the next day I rode it at partial throttle around town and it works well. Left the spark arrestors in, it is still a bit loud but not awful. 11.5lbs from 23.5, which was 90% of why I did it, and holy crap it looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had good luck with a Dobeck tuner on another bike. It wasn't super granular but really worked well, cost a lot less than the Dynojet option and much simpler to plug in and make work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FYI after 2,500 miles, I must say that this system fuels quite well without any fuel map modifications. It DEFINITELY likes elevation, so certainly I will be getting it sorted, but It isn't THAT much of a difference for me to be worried about creating issues. All I had to do was remove the cables from the exhaust valve actuator, plug in the stock lambdas, go through the above mentioned warm-up procedure, and then ride the crap out of it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts