Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Full exhaust with approved end can it‘s a Bit louder ( 97)
the one with the open end can is round about 105

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I was after some advice. I fitted the full Akra system with air filters to my Africa Twin 1100 DCT, the bike runs like crap so having read a number of threads I decided to buy the Rapid Bike Evo. Simple to fit and was massively hopeful that it would work however the check engine light came on and also the cruise control stopped working. I relooked at my fitting however to not avail. I then spoke with the distributer over here in UK and he sent a new settings file however that didn’t work either. Unfortunately the factory is closed now in August so I have decided to send the unit back however before I do so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Neil

·
Registered
3 Posts
You put ONLY an exhaust and air filters on and now the bike runs like crap, and a tuner makes it worse? I would double check that there's no possibility that something wasn't reassembled correctly, plugged in correctly, or got damaged. Also, there's a service menu that I believe allows you to check fault codes. Might be worth hunting around for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You put ONLY an exhaust and air filters on and now the bike runs like crap, and a tuner makes it worse? I would double check that there's no possibility that something wasn't reassembled correctly, plugged in correctly, or got damaged. Also, there's a service menu that I believe allows you to check fault codes. Might be worth hunting around for.
Thanks for the reply, so exhaust and filters fitted correctly. I doubled checked the fitting of the the Rapid bike Evo and I did ask the distributor whether I maybe had a faulty unit. He told me it was highly unlikely as the bike would not run at all or very badly. I should clarify my comments that the bike runs like crap, it actually runs nicely on open throttle but on closed throttle is very lumpy and as I use my bike for commenting there is alot of jerking. Unfortunately I decided to send back the unit And once again took off my bike without reading error codes. I haven’t yet sent back and thought I’d ask the question here before doing so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello friends, I am from Chile, about 2000 km ago I installed the complete akrapovic line and I feel that at minimum rpm it fails or turns off sometimes if I accelerate a little, the exhaust manual recommends reprogramming the ecu, any experience? Thank you

21 - 26 of 26 Posts