Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. If you look at the ends you will see a weld that can be drilled and the inserts removed. I was hoping someone had done it already and can tell me if it was too load or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ian, just been out and had a good butcher's at my Akra. Can't see a weld you mention, however there is a band of rivets which look like they could be drilled out possibly releasing the end cone with the short pipes. That in turn may allow you to do some surgery on the baffles.
I've got an Akra with the factory Ti exhaust on my KTM Adv, its very loud with the baffle out, anti social might be a good description.
I found the mpg is better with the baffle in, and I've spent a lot of money on the CRF1000L Akra, I am not going to do any invasive surgery. Good luck is you do decide to drill/cut.

M

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Ian,

Across on the UK KTM forum a guy had has Akra opened up and the baffles removed, apparently they can be re-inserted for MoTs, Quill of Warrington Cheshire, if you are in the UK.

M

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys.
Regarding the Akra, as I read, it seems there is a difference in the MPG between having the DB-Killer removed or not, right?
And which is the difference between the standard exaust vs the Akrapovic? Which one gets the better MPG?
Regarding bhp, are there sigificant gainings with it (the Akra)?
Sorry if I'm slightly off-topic.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts