Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent all day today in the garage.
i installed a few things i purchased from ali express.

Wind Deflector
Haven't tested it yet but looks like it will do the job.

Side stand extension
Great quality billet allumium, solid piece ,easy install. it looks familiar, i think i have seen it before, Is it a knock off?

Titanium bolts
I bought a few different lengths and sizes. I think i will slowly change all the bolts to titanium. i like the look and i can heat them up to which ever colour i like.

Brake and Clutch lever
Now im not too happy with these pieces. they are made from billet alluminium which is good but the tolerances are not what i was hoping for. they are not as rigid as OEM and even after tightening i am not happy with them. I'll leave them for now and see if they bother me... They look great, the adjustment starts from oem to larger. I have big hands and i still have the settings on the closest.
All in all, you pay for what you get im afraid.

TPMS
Easy connection, i replaced the batteries straight away with brand name lithium batteries. Works great , easy to see, and good quality. I am happy, lets see how they hold up.
i made a custom bracket, im moving towards a completely bare handle bar.

Gel Pad ( for adding to the stock seat)
I followed instruction on youtube, easy enough, havent tried it yet, ill see tommorow when i take it for a ride.
This is temporary , i am saving for the touratech high seat.

Original Honda 12 volt socket and centre stand
Straight forward install following Honda instruction . I used a exhaust spring puller i had lying around from my supermoto days. It was a C*&^ of a job to pull the springs but i managed it with just a few cuts and bruises.

Bosley Rally Footpegs and Brake extension
This his email and website to contact for a quote.
[email protected]
The pegs are really nice, heavy duty, and massive compared to stock.
Sitting on the bike now, my knees feel allot more relaxed an natural. ( i am 185cm tall and 46 EURO foot) Standing on the pegs now puts my hands in the perfect position on the bars. I cant wait to try these out offroad.

My pegs where
30mm lowered
8mm backing plate
RALLY size
polished.

the brake lever is the LBT1(40mm)......... I had to re order the larger version ( LBT2) as when i tested the pegs i found that because i lowered them my foot is forced outward so i need the brake lever extended futher. I also am going to extend the gear lever aswell.

Font Automotive exterior Bumper Eyewear Jewellery
Wood Font Material property Jewellery Pattern
Sleeve Collar Font Dress shirt Wood

Azure Hood Material property Electric blue Paint

Rectangle Wood Material property Gas Household hardware

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
389 Posts
I have some same bits too!
The levers are nice. The thing is they do not use a bushing like the Oem does.
But for me, they are fine, and nice add.
The fork shield I did not like it doesn't follow the same lines of the tank trim below.
Now that I have the sample, I will cut one myself to my preference.
The side stand enlarger is fine too. Holds very good so far.
I had the other style brake pedal enlarger. Is good too.

I just ordered mirrors extenders, a protector for the exhaust on case a fall to the right, a key ring, and a Sae connector for the battery, other set of fog lights brackets, and last a fender extender. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have some same bits too!
The levers are nice. The thing is they do not use a bushing like the Oem does.
But for me, they are fine, and nice add.
The fork shield I did not like it doesn't follow the same lines of the tank trim below.
Now that I have the sample, I will cut one myself to my preference.
The side stand enlarger is fine too. Holds very good so far.
I had the other style brake pedal enlarger. Is good too.

I just ordered mirrors extenders, a protector for the exhaust on case a fall to the right, a key ring, and a Sae connector for the battery, other set of fog lights brackets, and last a fender extender. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
thats right i noticed no bushing just raw aluminium. Normally there would be a steel or brass bushing. I don't like how they jiggle around. too much play for me . But they look and feel good. Ill keep them for now.
The fork shield is allitle stiff, i had to open up the holes to get it to sit flat and stop it from flexing. i wasn't expecting more anyway.
WHich protector for exhaust. link please.
i was looking a the key ring on ali express , it look really good.
I am very happy with everything from ali express.

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
389 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:
I went for a 3 hour ride today, the GEL insert did wonders, my bum felt amazing.

The wind deflector over the forks is fantastic. I have finally made this bike comfortable, the wind buffeting is almost completely gone on my entire body.
fork deflectors and fairing deflectors are a MUST.

The phone mount on the top right side of the fairing was an absolute disaster. The phone wobbled like crazy, even with the vibration dampener from quad lock. Back to the Bars for the phone.

The Brake and clutch lever feel really good. I am keeping them. Very happy.

As for the Rally pegs.
Pros
My knees feel so much more relaxed with the open angle.
Amazing levels of grip
Platform size is perfect, My feet where flat and stable
Cons
I ordered them at 30mm lower than original. So for my style of riding not even close to max lean angle around corners, and i am dragging the pegs completely.
I need to send them back and take them back to OEM height. I wasn't even pushing the bike today and i was scrapping everywhere.
So too fix the issue with my knees i will buy the touratech or similar new HIGH seat. This hopefully will alleviate pressure on my knees and i can continue to ride the way i am used too.
If you ride and use every bit of your tyres , go with OEM height.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts