Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just installed the rubber tank pads.. They feel great, nice and thick.! great quality, plenty of grip while standing, Very flexible and easy to apply. They arrived in 2 weeks. great price.
They came with 3M backing so im confident they wont unstick.
Lets see how they hold up.

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
8,655 Posts
TechSpec are really solid too, but cost more. TechSpec can be relocated multiple times over many years. I've used mine on several bikes and their reusable adhesive doesn't fail.

The AliExpress ones appear good looking. Hopefully they'll also stand up to the sun light all day everyday and not turn to goo or sumthin'.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered mine thru them yesterday. Looking forward to them when they show up.
Just a heads up.
Before you peel the backing of the double sided tape. If you can use a "stanley knife" box cutter. and trim the excess sticky glue. i didnt see it till after i installed it. I left it on as i didnt want to peel it off. ,it has now gotten dirty and looks like crap. I cant cut it now as i will risk scratching the paint. i guess that's my only fault with it so far. Otherwise its great.
Also i never knew it was a knockoff, i normally refuse to buy knock offs. I liked the style and the white writing so i took a gamble, ( it did have good reviews)
if i knew it was an exact copy of the OEM even to the pattern, i would have purchased the OEM Honda accessorie.

ill take a photo tomorrow to show you what i mean.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,242 Posts
Just a heads up.
Before you peel the backing of the double sided tape. If you can use a "stanley knife" box cutter. and trim the excess sticky glue. i didnt see it till after i installed it. I left it on as i didnt want to peel it off. ,it has now gotten dirty and looks like crap. I cant cut it now as i will risk scratching the paint. i guess that's my only fault with it so far. Otherwise its great.
Also i never knew it was a knockoff, i normally refuse to buy knock offs. I liked the style and the white writing so i took a gamble, ( it did have good reviews)
if i knew it was an exact copy of the OEM even to the pattern, i would have purchased the OEM Honda accessorie.

ill take a photo tomorrow to show you what i mean.
The oem doesn't have the white on the CRF so it is hard to see but other than that they look identical.
One thing however is the oem ones only have strips of tape on them instead of fully covered. They stick well so no need for the complete covering.

Parallel Rectangle Font Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,242 Posts
TechSpec brand covers the entire back surface of their knee pad product offerings with super tacky adhesive that can be removed and reused the same way several times.
Probably something like the Rubbatech top pad I have, sadly the AT and ATAS ones are different shapes so I had to leave mine on the AT and get another for the ATAS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts