Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the plunge with a few additional items I wanted for my steed, 2019 africa twin and over a weekend proudly installed them myself. After a few hours on Dr Google I reckon I had it sussed for
fitting a garmin mount to my screen bar and plumbing it into the aux socket behind the dash using a rugged roads 4pin plug

Second job was to fit Oxford heated grips, touring, and wire straight to battery,

Third job, fit charge lead to battery for trickle charger

fourth job, install aux socket into
spare plug under seat again with the aid of rugged roads 6 pin plug

Fifth job utilise finger bolts for rear seat installation,

Sixth job fit honda top box using honda fitting kit

Seventh job fit small adjustable screen deflctor

Finaly fit front fork Air deflector

I now have her just where I like it, visor open at 3 figure cruising

Sat nav in view and warm grips for UK weather,, happy days roll on spring and any good days in between,,,,
My next fittings will probably be headlamp protector, centre stand and panniers

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Show it off... Post some pics :grin2:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mine is just about how i want it.. just luggage to add at some point, when its needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a bit un decided upon which luggage system to go for, they all seem so very expensive. I'm of a mind just to purchase a couple of decent quality roll top 20/30 litre bags a d strap then across the rear seat as and when I decide to go on my travels..

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm a bit un decided upon which luggage system to go for, they all seem so very expensive. I'm of a mind just to purchase a couple of decent quality roll top 20/30 litre bags a d strap then across the rear seat as and when I decide to go on my travels..
Soft panniers are definitely a lot cheaper. Just make sure to keep the brake side bag off the exhaust.

Personally I use hard panniers and a dry bag across the back for trips. I like lockable storage on the bike at all times. I like the SW-Motech dry bags and they can all snap together. There are many dry bags that do the same thing. It kind of depends on how much stuff you want to carry and if you want to be able to leave it anywhere without it being molested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts