Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just traded in my 1190 Adv and am picking up a new Tri colour AT in January

Dave

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the Adv for 2 years and it was time for a change. Also was a wee bit worried with all the electronics going wrong after the warrenty had run out

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Dave,did u buy off Belfast Honda?If so what are they like to deal with.what had u b4 the KTM.what was KTM like.had u issues with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dave,did u buy off Belfast Honda?If so what are they like to deal with.what had u b4 the KTM.what was KTM like.had u issues with it.

Yeah I dealt with Mark who's now gone to Hurst Motorrad. They are moving Honda to Boucher Road before Christmas so they'll all be there. I found them great to deal with and got a lot more for my bike than if I'd traded in for another KTM at McCallens.
KTM had a few problems: corroding nipples on the spokes and lots of bolts, new head bearings, condensation in the clocks, horn packed in.. Very slow and a battle to fix under warranty. (THEY TOLD ME I WASHED IT TOO MUCH) I just had the nagging worry that there was a lot of electronics on this bike that was no longer covered by warranty. Other than that I loved it and it had great character. You can buy a new 1190R in England atm for £10700 which is brilliant value.
I had an 800GS before the KTM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts