Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After missing the rear brake pedal a couple of times during a recent off-road trip, I went in search of a brake pedal enlarger to make it easier to find the pedal during rough off-road riding. I came across the AltRider Dual
Control pedal extender/riser for the AT. Not only does it enlarge the standard pedal, it has a higher segment that is great for when you need to reach the rear brake while standing and your foot does not naturally sit at the right angle for the regular pedal. I fitted it last week - took just a couple of minutes. I really like both features that this Dual Control gives. A much larger regular pad as well as the higher lip to use when standing. Construction quality is top notch. I have attached a photo since I am sure my explanation will leave most of you scratching your heads :). I can thoroughly recommend this!

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
I ordered it via aamazon. It included the custom fee and arrived quickly. I went for the part without the additional raised section. Now just got to get the height just right. Moved the pedal lever one notch to the right on the spline and it is too mutch and I cannot get enough braking. Might put it back to the standard position and adjust the turn bolt.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I ordered it via aamazon. It included the custom fee and arrived quickly. I went for the part without the additional raised section. Now just got to get the height just right. Moved the pedal lever one notch to the right on the spline and it is too mutch and I cannot get enough braking. Might put it back to the standard position and adjust the turn bolt.
If it sticks forther out it may be just what I need for use with my BMW touring boots. There's nothing special about them so others must be finding this problem especially if they are wearing big chunky boots. The front of the boot collides with the right engine casing and so I have to put my heel out into space and my toe back on the pedla. Not good so an extension might help.
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree , can't find anybody who stocks it in the UK , saw a guy the other day who had brought one back from USA and it was his favourite bit of kit he has fitted to his Africa Twin ! Looked like a really nice quality piece of work , let me know Mike if you find a supplier?

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shout out to this simple piece of farkle .... works like a charm, makes reaching the rear brake easier and more reliable. Strongly recommend.

B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts