Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So while in Australia 2 weeks ago I decided to treat myself to a new helmet (Klim Krios Pro) and an AltRider Fender riser kit as the prices here in Thailand are double. Very easy to install if you DON'T follow the instructions. Anyway, despite the look which I like, the brake lines flare our terribly. Has anyone installed this kit and found a way to keep the lines straighter without putting stress on them? After a ride around the streets, they flare out as much as the fairing sides.

A fellow AT rider has the camel. The lines are much neater and tucked in as they clip the fender rear. Wondering if I pop a hole either side of the fender rear and use some hose clips to do the same?

Install Vid

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What doesn't help is the lines themselves where they've copied the same route as the OEM. Two lines to the left calliper that bridges over to the right. If I'd have thought about it more at the time when over there as I order online and had sent to the hotel, I would've opted for the Camel ADV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts