Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried to use the Altrider headlight guards with a Batzen adjuster? They both mount using the windscreen mount holes so I assume they would be compatible subject to investment in some longer screws. But I'd rather not be the guinea pig on this one so if anyone has tried this pairing I'd love to hear about it.

·
Administrator
3,301 Posts
Anyone tried to use the Altrider headlight guards with a Batzen adjuster? They both mount using the windscreen mount holes so I assume they would be compatible subject to investment in some longer screws. But I'd rather not be the guinea pig on this one so if anyone has tried this pairing I'd love to hear about it.

I have done it. The screws that’s came with the Batzen bracket were long enough to go through the windscreen mount holes, without having to buy longer screws.

However, fit of the protector onto the mount is very tight. I don’t know if that is by design of ALT-Rider or a result of it being stretched slightly by the combination of the upper crash bars and the Batzen bracket, which it shares mounting points with at the top and bottom.

It is still dark outside at 6:15, but I will try to get some photos later :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done it. The screws that’s came with the Batzen bracket were long enough to go through the windscreen mount holes, without having to buy longer screws.

However, fit of the protector onto the mount is very tight. I don’t know if that is by design of ALT-Rider or a result of it being stretched slightly by the combination of the upper crash bars and the Batzen bracket, which it shares mounting points with at the top and bottom.

It is still dark outside at 6:15, but I will try to get some photos later :)
Thanks, some photos would be great!

·
Administrator
3,301 Posts
Thanks, some photos would be great!
OK.. The bottom of the Altrider headlight protector attaches under the bike where the upper crash bars attach. At least in the case of the Touratech bars they do..

The upper attachment shares the lower screws with the Batzen Bracket. I already had the Batzen bracket installed, so I simply lifted the Batzen bracket up to the high position and removed the lower screws that fastened the bracket.

It simply slides underneath the Batzen bracket once loose enough to pull away and make room for the Altrider headlight bracket and fastens using the Batzen supplied screws...

You end up with the bracket attached with the 4 pegs for mounting the protector...

Then mount the protector to the pegs. Should be the same regardless if it is the plexi or the mesh version...

Safety Glasses for the bike :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking about the same setup and I'm curious as to why you used the washers on the lower Batzen screws? My Batzen mount is on the way so I haven't seen it in person, but I noticed in the Youtube videos I've watched, they didn't use washers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the Batzen, and I think it would have worked with it, but I could not see a clean way to mount it with my Heed crash bars. Not quite enough room. Sending it back tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts