Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the Altrider Skidplate is compatible with Touratech lower engine guards on a DCT bike?

The Altrider plate extends higher than the Touratech plate for more coverage. The Touratech DCT lower guards come down farther towards the skid plate than their manual versions do.

I like the Altrider plate much better than the Touratech, but wonder if it will work with my Touratech lowers bars.

Thanks for any information you can share.

V/R,
G20

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am also looking at the ALTRIDER bashplate. Good looking unit.
I have the SW Motech crashbars and I am concerned about compatibility.
I sent altrider an email, but they did not reply.
Anyone got experience with this combo?
Thx in advance

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It seems no one has experience with mixing the popular Altrider skid plate and the Touratech lower crash bars. I bit the bullet, purchased an Altrider plate and mounted it.

Here is my experience, so it may help others. The Altrider plate seems to have considerably more coverage than the Touratech plate. The mounting plate is an easy install. The instructions are in English and have colored photos showing the step by step process.

For those installing an Altrider plate with Touratech lower bars, the actual skid plate will not fit without modification. The drive side, rear of the plate will hit the lower crash bar. About 1" of the plate will need to be trimmed off to fit.

I trimmed it with a cut off wheel, filed it down, and touched it up with a Scotchbrite pad. It looks factory and fits perfect.

Here are some photos of the chunk I cut off and the bike with the installed skid plate.

Cheers!
-G20

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts