Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out for a quick ride on the way to my brake modulator recall service and had the opportunity the test out Android Auto a bit. Considering my deep distaste of Apple products and philosophy I thought it would be worth a thread cataloguing all the ways in which Android Auto is better than Carplay.

The first two things I noticed are:

1. No more fussing around with USB settings, security settings and audio output settings to get everything working. Music and other audio disconnected and reconnected flawlessly when starting and stopping the bike etc, something Carplay was abysmal at, which means no more deciphering the Divinci code of in which order and when to turn things on, plug them in, throw them on the ground and stomp on them, say two hail marys and a wiccan incantation, turn it back off and then back on but don't touch anything then blow a kiss at it and hope for the best.

2. I can change Spotify tracks in the riding information screens, unlike Carplay which required cycling to the carplay screen, changing tracks, then cycling back to riding information.

Feel free to add to the list...

·
Registered
252 Posts
1. No more fussing around with USB settings, security settings and audio output settings to get everything working. Music and other audio disconnected and reconnected flawlessly when starting and stopping the bike etc, something Carplay was abysmal at, which means no more deciphering the Divinci code of in which order and when to turn things on, plug them in, throw them on the ground and stomp on them, say two hail marys and a wiccan incantation, turn it back off and then back on but don't touch anything then blow a kiss at it and hope for the best.
Feel free to add to the list...
Uh! I had and have no issues with Carplay functioning the way it should irrespective of how or which devices get powered on. The only time I ever had an issues with Carplay was when it kept disconnecting and it turned out to be a bad USB cable.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh! I had and have no issues with Carplay functioning the way it should irrespective of how or which devices get powered on. The only time I ever had an issues with Carplay was when it kept disconnecting and it turned out to be a bad USB cable.
I'd love to be able to say the same. And from the number of threads on here describing the same issues as I had, I am definitely not alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts