Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who still haven't done an oil/filter change themselves I have just put a video on my channel with a step by step. Changing oil on my Africa Twin is actually a lot easier and faster than doing it on my CBR250R (for which the local Honda dealership asked me over $300! Yikes!)
Sorry for the background noise, dam* ravens! (I love ravens)
Feel free to leave a comment in the video comment section, I try to answer to everyone.
Don't forget to subscribe to my channel, it motivates me to do more and better, help me get to 100. Thanks fellow AT riders!

OIl & Filter Change

·
Administrator
1,786 Posts
Nicely done video, except for the **** ravens. Actually the ravens didn't sound bad. Definitely less annoying background noise than the calls and drumming of the woodpeckers :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nicely done video, except for the **** ravens. Actually the ravens didn't sound bad. Definitely less annoying background noise than the calls and drumming of the woodpeckers :)
HAHA
Thanks! Actually I had to redo a few parts because they were getting so loud. It took me 2 days to edit (I'm still new though). I'll post the bloopers at some point 😅

·
Super Moderator
3,079 Posts
Pretty good RW. I would say complete, the little details shared, and clear. I didn't notice the birds, so that was a bonus.

Maybe sometimes the camera was blocked from view, but not really a big deal for the type of work at hand. However, amateurs watching might care.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty good RW. I would say complete, the little details shared, and clear. I didn't notice the birds, so that was a bonus.

Maybe sometimes the camera was blocked from view, but not really a big deal for the type of work at hand. However, amateurs watching might care.
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. I'll pay more attention next time.

·
Administrator
1,786 Posts
The only small thing I might suggest is to double time the bits where you are mounting and unmounting the skid plate. I have a short attention span and had to scrub through parts of that.

But I did enjoy the video and thought the information was clear and easy to follow :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just watched it. 2020 manual Checking the Engine Oil reads: Insert dipstick until it seats, but do not screw it in. Are the older models different?
Good catch. No it's the same for older models, I wanted to have a deeper readings to see where the oil was. I should've mentioned that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anybody have a part # for a metal Oil Fill Cap? That plastic fill cap belong on a lawn mower, not a motorcycle! 2020 has that same cap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anybody have a part # for a metal Oil Fill Cap? That plastic fill cap belong on a lawn mower, not a motorcycle! 2020 has that same cap.
Check this one, I just googled it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts