Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I added a small piece of iPhone anti-glare protector I had spare, to see how it would fare compared to the shiny glass screen. You get a lot of reflection on the new 18 dash, it’s very good when the sun is shining on it, very vibrant, but there’s a lot of reflection of the rider. It worked very well, but one problem I encountered was the fact the glass is convexed, not flat, so the screen protector would not stick to the full size of the screen, which is why I trimmed it to just cover the speedo readout as a test.

So as soon as one is available for the new style dash, I’ll get one.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
This was a concern of mine before buying the bike but I find the new dash to be fine. Watching Youtube videos can make it seem hard to read. I have ridden into a late afternoon head on sun with a tinted visor helmet, and I have no problems seeing details of the dash. If anything there's too much to see! But that's just me, some anti-glare can't be a bad thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts