Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Am getting a DCT in a month or two, wondering about good firebreak roads or other spots to ride.
I live in Nashville, but Arlington is my hometown. I will be visiting in April for my brother's wedding and I am strongly considering riding there. We can meet up for a ride, good roads optional. My yearly Christmas vacation is cage only, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just moved to Woodbridge this summer and picked up the DCT last month so haven't had a chance to find roads yet either. I've heard about Taskers Gap but haven't tried it yet. I'll post as I come across places to ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Nashville, but Arlington is my hometown. I will be visiting in April for my brother's wedding and I am strongly considering riding there. We can meet up for a ride, good roads optional. My yearly Christmas vacation is cage only, lol.
Right on. PM me when you have your dates and we can try to do a ride when you're up here.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Botetourt VA here.

If your looking for ride ideas. I joined rever at https://a.rever.co they have "challenges" that require you to ride thru certain areas.
I joined the Honda Pass Bagger challenge which has several spots to ride to in VA
and the Park Ranger Challenge, there's only 1 destination in VA for this one.

Anyway if there ever comes a time for a group ride of ATs around here I would like to be in there too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I took my AT to Michaux State forest in south central PA, very close to Gettysburg, entered the southern end at Rattlesnake Run Rd and Mentzer Gap Rd. Rattlesnake Run is a "Improved dirt road". Caught PA 233 for a bit then took Ridge Rd to the northern end. Ridge get a little rough up the northern end but the AT was fine.

Lots of twisty roads dirt and pavement up there.

For DC area

I 270 to Fredrick then 15 north to PA16 and west to Mentzer Rd. There is a Sheetze (Wawa/RoFo type store) about 3 miles past Mentzer Rd to gas up

http://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateForests/FindAForest/Pages/default.aspx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love my DCT! It is awesome for commuting in this area.
Yes,loving the DCT....wasn't sure I was going to be a fan of it....For me I liked it right away. One has so many different options with it..drive, sport modes and manual.....glad I took the chance with the DCT....Will def be nice on the commutes home from work in stop n go traffic!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts