Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have them on my CRF250L. They're great! Completely waterproof. Easy to set-up and mount on the bike. Ideally you should have pannier racks to help support them. I was very impressed for the price. Just to be sure they stay put I've used Rok Straps to secure things down.

The new ones that they've released look even more promising and have plastic to hold the bags rigid and are just a few bucks more.
https://www.nelsonrigg.com/luggage/dual-sport-adventure/deluxe-adventure-dry-saddlebags-detail.html

Attachments

Reactions: Denburger

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Take a look at our new Deluxe Adventure Dry Saddlebags. Major improvements and still extremely affordable with the features you get.
http://www.africatwinforum.com/foru...-adventure-100-waterproof-dry-saddlebags.html
I think those are the ticket. I put them and two of the smaller dry bags, and the big dry bag on my shopping list! if these are good quality, then they are easily the best value I have seen out there by far!!
I calculated $460 for the all my luggage needs. I would spend more for that for the side panniers alone anywhere else.

·
Registered
312 Posts
So I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at some RIGG Gear, if these Bags are as good as the other Rigg stuff I looked at, makes me wonder why the other brands are charging so much, when they only use Plastic Buckles and Straps which which are not even double cross stitched to the bag like the RIGG stuff is. Sure you can get slightly better ones but at $500+ sorry out of my ballpark. Nelson your for me, mate. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at some RIGG Gear, if these Bags are as good as the other Rigg stuff I looked at, makes me wonder why the other brands are charging so much, when they only use Plastic Buckles and Straps which which are not even double cross stitched to the bag like the RIGG stuff is. Sure you can get slightly better ones but at $500+ sorry out of my ballpark. Nelson your for me, mate. :)
What this guy said!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
So now I'm told this stuff will be on Australian Dealer shelves in a few weeks. Just in time for my big weekend away :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Purchased a set of these bags, and with the 10% off coupon, they were a little over $160 with free shipping to boot. I felt like I couldn't go wrong at that price. Took them on their maiden voyage yesterday, and so far, I am impressed.

Easy to get in and out of, and quite roomy. I'll check their waterproof capability later today when I wash the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking good. The black really compliments your silver AT. How did the waterproof wash test go?

Purchased a set of these bags, and with the 10% off coupon, they were a little over $160 with free shipping to boot. I felt like I couldn't go wrong at that price. Took them on their maiden voyage yesterday, and so far, I am impressed.

Easy to get in and out of, and quite roomy. I'll check their waterproof capability later today when I wash the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts