Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddy have been talking about doing a ride after all of this quarantine stuff is over. Right now we are talking about 2 weeks, leave Michigan and head out to Mount Rushmore, then to Yellowstone, then Glacier national Park, and back. Hoping to be able to do it this year, will see how all of this works out in the next few months.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup mine is not AT specific either, my buddy will be on his CBR. He claims he will be good for the ride. I know he’s done some longer rides on it, so we’ll see.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Going to take a 3 week ride in September riding the Colorado BDR ride, this next month of May going to do a 7 day ride on the north section California BDR.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Likely July:

Phoenix to Oregon (see one of the kids, fishing), Oregon to LA (see another kid) then back down through San Diego (see friends).

I have not mapped it yet, but there are certainly some interestiong options, through Utah, Nevada, and Cali. Will stay off slabs as much as possible, but probably not extreme trials, either. Just fun twisty roads, with some occaisional dirt roads for more fun.

Will give me a chance to decide which Android friendly GPS app is my fav.

Maybe out and about for 10 days or so.

·
Super Moderator
1,756 Posts
Have one scheduled in early September in PA. The trip could be at risk for me for multiple reasons. We'll see. The rally is all on-road and not AT-specific.
Yup mine is not AT specific either, my buddy will be on his CBR. He claims he will be good for the ride. I know he’s done some longer rides on it, so we’ll see.
Going to take a 3 week ride in September riding the Colorado BDR ride, this next month of May going to do a 7 day ride on the north section California BDR.
A couple of interesting things to use and or plan for your trip.
1. Atlas Obscura
2. Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions (they have a app too)

·
Super Moderator
1,756 Posts
Thank you AT-D.
You’re welcome ..
Cuchulainn pointed them out to me, between the two you can find some interesting things to see. They even brought up some interesting things close to home too.

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Registered
57 Posts
Early in the year had been plotting doing the MABDR and continuing up through NY to the Adirondacks, revisiting some old haunts along the way. We'll see how things play out for later in the year.

·
Registered
487 Posts
BDR rides are awesome, I’ve completed the CABDR & AZBDR also the southern part of NVBDR. Planning the COBDR this coming September. 👀👀👀💯

·
Registered
860 Posts
Reactions: AT-Dragon
1 - 14 of 14 Posts