Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be using dedicated sets for on and off road use... are there any wheels available that are not spoked? I can't see going through the trouble of installing outex or equivalent on spoked wheels with no front bead to run tubeless, only to worry about potential leaks, etc. I know the R1200GS has an unspoked wheel option, but I cannot find anything for the AT.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have not heard of it either. Everyone mentions outex or going cheap diy on 3M tape.

Give it time though. There will be wheels. Just expect to pay 1500 for a set when they come out. I can almost guarantee it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
I will be using dedicated sets for on and off road use... are there any wheels available that are not spoked? I can't see going through the trouble of installing outex or equivalent on spoked wheels with no front bead to run tubeless, only to worry about potential leaks, etc. I know the R1200GS has an unspoked wheel option, but I cannot find anything for the AT.
For the front run the outex or 3m but keep a tube in there and seal the valve stem. Best of both worlds

·
Registered
400 Posts
Kineo wheels are available. They are tubeless spoked but may as well be non spoked as the spokes don't penetrate into the air space. I have the Alpina wheels which are tubeless spoked but the spokes are sealed with O rings. They have not leaked any air in 14 months. Kineo cost a bit more than Alpina but they are the best option for tubeless in my opinion

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am narrowing down choices for my off-road set of wheels and will likely go with Kineo, but will be keeping the tubes for airing down and riding off road I think.

I would really prefer a set of regular wheels for street use though. I am surprised there is not a single option. Does anyone know if the 1200GS wheels will bolt up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Street Tires from Rally Raid

Rally Raid has a set of 19/17 wheels for the AT. They even include a new tone ring for the front ABS so the speedo is correct. I can not post links yet but copy, past and replace dot with .

www dot rally-raidproducts dot co dot uk/honda-crf1000l-africa-twin/Crf1000l-tubeless-low-wheels

I have not gotten a pair yet but they are on my short list. My plan is to put a set of 80/20's on the smaller rims and a set of 50/50's or 40/60's on the stock rims.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I saw this set. Was hoping to find a non-spoked wheel, since that is really what makes sense for this purpose.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else have a suggestion? I am guessing there is something out there that will work. Perhaps I should try working off the exact sizing of the OEM wheels..?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts