Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of changing out tires from their rims every time I want to switch from highway touring to adventure riding, I'm seriously considering purchasing a spare set of wheels mounted with tires appropriate for the occasion. Anyone on the forum do something similar?

There are some wheels listed on eBay for $600+/ea, but I haven't been able to find anything local (SF bay area, California)..

K

·
Registered
609 Posts
I bought a second used set a few years ago without rotors and tone rings. Be aware that if you don't get those, the cost goes right up. Or you can swap them over every time...

·
Registered
CRF1000L | KLX300SM
346 Posts
There's a second set here for exactly that reason. Pounced on a set that went for sale at another sight about two years ago. Definitely nice to have around.

·
Registered
CRF1000L | KLX300SM
346 Posts
Even bought a new hub, spokes, rim, and tire to build-up a 19" front for the KLX. That route was costlier. If you have to go this route for you AT, maybe start collecting parts for the back wheel first.

Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Wood Spoke

·
Registered
CRF1000L | KLX300SM
346 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
That reminds me I have a set of FTR1200 wheels I need to do some measuring on for ATAS fitment...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts