Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so they could fit their own choice of handguards?

instead of just the sole offering of Barkbusters right now, (which I cannot accept).

I've seen a couple of pics out there with Cycra's but I can't figure out how they are doing it.

I'm about to buy $125 Barkbusters, just for the adapter weights, then have to buy $125 Cycras to install.

I could then sell the bars and mounts I guess separately, locally.

Such a pain in the ass though, c'mon aftermarket, make these adapters!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was thinking of installing Barkbusters.....but am I missing something, gman? I'd be interested to know what your issue is with them.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stayed up pretty late, searching, searching....and found a table of Barkbuster replacement hardware.

Looks like these are the parts numbers, available separately!

BESF4 - is the special adapter fitting (8mm-18mm I believe)

BEW35 - is the weight

This makes me happy, now all I have to do is wait the weeks and weeks it will take to receive them from Australia.

The reason I don't like barkbusters is the material they use for their backbones and their bar clamps that gouge anodized bars.

This method of mounting handguards just sucks, I've destroyed nearly every make of handguard through years of hard off-roading and the Cycra's are just my favourite guards, for their backbone design and their plastic shields and cheap replaceable end caps, so they don't look so gouged and beat up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts