Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
I like the concept.

However, like the steering lock, unless the bike is profusely heavy (e.g. Honda Gold Wing), two+ persons can lift the bike into a back of a van and be done.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the concept.

However, like the steering lock, unless the bike is profusely heavy (e.g. Honda Gold Wing), two+ persons can lift the bike into a back of a van and be done.
yes that's true and I bought the Honda U-lock for my previous At because it went under the pillion seat. I was annoyed to find that the same lock did not fit under the 2019 bike, but in any case, I could never use it as I intended which was to put it through the front wheel plus a fencepost. So in effect it was just like a disklock.
I have a couple of times forgotten that the ulock was through the wheel but fortunately done no damage when I set off. I like the Roadlok idea in that you cannot move the bike even an inch when its fitted so nothing is going to get damaged if you forget.
Serious thieves will put the bike in a van but they would probably cut through any chain and then put it in the van. Mind you I have an Almax heaviest chain which I don't think they would attempt to cut through. Only problem is I have had to fit a trailer to carry the chain round with me (joke)
One minor disadvantage I see with the Roadlok is that a young inexperienced thief might not notice that there was a Roadlok fitted, jump on the bike and break the steering lock (by riving it) before he realised he couldn't push the bike away. Whereas he might not have attempted the theft if he could see there was a disk lock fitted. (But perhaps I'm overthinking things 🤔 😄)
Mike

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've ordered one and if it doesn't fit I will put it on the brembos on my Thruxton. Looks like one of the brake pipes might get in the way on the Nissin calliper.
Mike

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin 2019 DCT ADS
40 Posts
I fitted a roadlock to my multistrada and is a very good system saves carrying around any locks if you are just popping to the shops unfortunately it would not fit my AT so sold it on

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fitted a roadlock to my multistrada and is a very good system saves carrying around any locks if you are just popping to the shops unfortunately it would not fit my AT so sold it on
ah - that's bad news - it will just have to go on the Thruxton. Shame because it's the Africa Twin that gets left overnight outside hotels etc
Mike

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
ah - that's bad news - it will just have to go on the Thruxton. Shame because it's the Africa Twin that gets left overnight outside hotels etc
Mike
Yeah, I hear ya. I just have my AT ping my phone if it gets disturbed. No monthly fees. No Wifi or peer-to-peer Bluetooth requirements, although those are also supported.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just measured and bolt spacing is 100mm but the brake line enters the caliper mid body and looks like it will get in the way of the lock body. Looks like a design tweak could easily accommodate the AT's brake setup.

Reactions: mike5100

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just measured and bolt spacing is 100mm but the brake line enters the caliper mid body and looks like it will get in the way of the lock body. Looks like a design tweak could easily accommodate the AT's brake setup.
yeah that's what I thought. Not sure about the design tweak though 😄
Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts