Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to barge in here with a first post and all that, but three times now, I've asked for power on my 2018 ATAS, DCT away from a set of lights and twice on a roundabout where it all starts off well, then after about 6ft all power drops out of the motor and it goes into limp mode for what feels like an age.
It feels like a traction control issue but I'm neither on anything slippery or giving it all the beans at once at that point. I'll give my dealer a call but wonder if anyone else has had this lovely experience?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Never had similar experience after about 20000 km with a DCT (actually two different DCTs).
It could also be some dirt in the tank which interrupt fuel flow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No, have never had that issue with my DCT. Only thing close was one time traction control kicked in when I tried to give it full power from a stop.

·
Registered
268 Posts
On my '17 DCT I'll often turn off the traction control for traffic lights, can't get a good launch with it on. With TC off I can blitz pretty much anything from the lights, one of many reasons to love DCT!

I'd suggest the OP try turning off the TC and see how the bike goes, if it still doesn't behave then you can talk to your dealer.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I turn mine completely off for the exact reason the OP had. Don't need a dead engine when I'm trying to squirt across a busy intersection.

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
221 Posts
Have you had the fuel tank recall done?

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
What level of traction control do most people ride with? I am on 3 all the time.
On local roads I keep it on default to maximize traction - especially when needed in a pinch.

I tend to to use dialed back on highway/freeway runs, unless it is wet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts