Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride in traffic a lot and have had enough close calls from crazy drivers that i'm considering picking up and installing a dash camera that does loop recording. I've found a few on eBay that seem to have decent reviews but was wondering if anyone has any experience with these or other options.

blueskysea DV188

no brand name #1

another option from China

I don't plan to mount it in a place I can see it, under the seat is fine. My goal is that this thing starts and stops recording every time I start the bike and is really just out of sight, out of mind. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Drift camera on my helmet and a Go-Pro chinese copy mounted rear facing on the top of the top box

I looked into mounting a camera on the bike, but easier to have it on the lid, or easy to unclip, like the GoPro copy

·
Registered
295 Posts
The camera on 5he top box powers up when 8 switch on but I have to press record. It’s a cheapo off of Bangood but records the basic. I ordered a powered case to house it. I do get a bit of misting up which I cannot seem to avoid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The camera on 5he top box powers up when 8 switch on but I have to press record. It’s a cheapo off of Bangood but records the basic. I ordered a powered case to house it. I do get a bit of misting up which I cannot seem to avoid.

I also have a cheap GoPro knock off on my helmet and one I use on the rear powered by a usb power block. It’s 5500 ma and runs most of the day. The front camera comes of when I start my bike.

2016 CRF1000L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have it wired in to come on when your bike is running or on the cameras battery?

2016 CRF1000L
Both run on batteries - fine for commuting, not so ideal for longer trips, although the drift batteries will last about 2 1/2 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts