Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Anyone interested in going for a ride around Squamish or Whistler British Columbia later this Spring (once the snow level recedes). Lots of Forest Service Roads to explore in the area including Garibaldi, BlackTusk, etc. I don't mind riding on my own, but, always better with another in case of an accident or breakdown. I am usually available weekends (when my wife doesn't have me doing "chores" around the yard).

Just a little about myself.

I am in my mid 50's, have owned dual sport bikes on and off over the years, and currently work for a software company (so I do a lot of sitting these days). The AT is my first adventure bike however, I am a seasoned mountain biker and have been exploring this area for decades. I am not a super aggressive rider, but still like to have fun.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,

Anyone interested in going for a ride around Squamish or Whistler British Columbia later this Spring (once the snow level recedes). Lots of Forest Service Roads to explore in the area including Garibaldi, BlackTusk, etc. I don't mind riding on my own, but, always better with another in case of an accident or breakdown. I am usually available weekends (when my wife doesn't have me doing "chores" around the yard).

I am in my mid 50's, have owned dual sport bikes on and off over the years, and currently work for a software company (so I do a lot of sitting these days). The AT is my first adventure bike however, I am a seasoned mountain biker and have been exploring this area for decades. I am not a super aggressive rider, but still like to have fun.

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Frank, I'm down in Washington but was looking at a trip north of the border when the environment complies. I am not set on a specific date yet, but I intend to spend some time exploring the your area on the twin, and rent a mtb for a day (flows and blues, cant ride home with a busted collar bone). I'd love to pick locals brain and get some guidance to avoid inefficient snafus. I have a very flexible schedule (wfh), so it's just about covid protocols, wife's protocols, and waiting for the snow levels to recede. I'm in my mid 30s. I'm a competent but not an aggressive rider. I'd likely be dividing my time 80/20 camping/hotel, and if you'd like to run around in the mountains it'd be great to have a local show me around or just explore. Disclaimer, I've never ridden with others off of tarmac so I don't know how to gauge my speed in relation to others, but I comfortably explore the forest roads in the Olympic mts near daily.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks

Frank
Sea to Sky Adventure group on Facebook had a newbie ride up Elaho last weekend. Did you go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts