Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my front end in pieces due to fitting fog lights and USB power etc. This is a rubber stopper like the one for the cigarette lighter port blanking plate in the left from fairing. It's not this (unless you fit one on the back of the plate).
Does anyone have an idea where else this is used. Ps. I also have taken my tank off.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
First of all :
suggestion if you wanna an answer , will be better wrote down model and year ...

BTW.
what you have is a 39119MJG640 "Audio Box grommet "

front left middle inner fairing .

Here the number 2

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have my front end in pieces due to fitting fog lights and USB power etc. This is a rubber stopper like the one for the cigarette lighter port blanking plate in the left from fairing. It's not this (unless you fit one on the back of the plate).
Does anyone have an idea where else this is used. Ps. I also have taken my tank off.

Inside of fairing to top left and right ..

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only have one hole for a 12v adapter and that is on the left. This is not that one unless it was hiding in my fairing from someone having lost one before as I am not the first owner.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First of all :
suggestion if you wanna an answer , will be better wrote down model and year ...

BTW.
what you have is a 39119MJG640 "Audio Box grommet "

front left middle inner fairing .

Here the number 2
Sorry yes doh, this is a 2016 USA model DCT.

Thanks for the exploded view. I guess it must be a 'spare' that someone lost while modifying the bike before I owned it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
left and right ?
Must be a special version ... :eek:
BTW there is one only , on the left side.
Ok looking at the view. Is this number 2 below the left hand switch panel on the top left fairing? Ie what I am assuming it is for a blanking plate for a 12c socket or something else?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Used for cover something . You can see also in this picture the original position. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
you see the round piece on the picture below with red circle?

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Check up under the fairing where the radiators are. If you just put on fog lights it's probably for the knock-out/hole where wiring is passed through the fairing to connect the two sides of your wiring harness for the fog lights. I put a little hole in mine to slip the wire through and keep junk from entering into that spot on the fairing.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not intended for that use , nothing related with fog lights cables or similar, it´s simply a cover

·
Registered
977 Posts
You're right, there is no mention of it in the fog light installation instructions. Not sure what it was intended to cover. Here's where it is on the left-hand side of the bike. Worked great as a gasket for the wires coming out of my fairing for the Denali LEDs.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
dunno , may it´s time to bring the bike in some workshop.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts