Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to mount a mountain bike to my ride for heading to trails (there is a bit of irony here) and, while I know it looks utterly ridiculous and won't be straightforward I am curious if anyone has ideas or experience doing such. Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am looking to mount a mountain bike to my ride for heading to trails (there is a bit of irony here) and, while I know it looks utterly ridiculous and won't be straightforward I am curious if anyone has ideas or experience doing such. Cheers.
Saw a bike on the freeway this morning (or maybe yesterday) with a bicycle mounted.

If you have the stock plastic rack, and mount a bicycle to something attached to that, the plastic arms supporting the rack will probably break. There's an aftermarket rack with metal arms that should fare better. The ATAS has a stronger rack. Maybe the 2018 AT as well? And maybe the rack setup from those fits?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You want to do the what now? lol

I've never heard of something like that - I can't even imagine how that would look or work !!!

Cool idea though if it's possible though :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks silly. I remember the first time I saw it I thought, what the **** is the point of that, yet here we are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spotted this last week parked at a local watering hole. I made a u-turn and found the owner so I could interview him because I also want to make a mount for my mt. bike. Turns out the guy has nearly 40k miles on his AT and, as an employee of Santa Cruz Cycles, mountain biking is part of his profession. He custom made his rack which sits over the exhaust side. Most of the others I've seen are centered.

I am an avid cyclist (mountain, cross, road) What better way to get to that distant trailhead for some sweet singletrack adventure that on my ATAS DCT! There are some companies that market motorcycle bike racks, however, I intend to make my own.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spotted this last week parked at a local watering hole. I made a u-turn and found the owner so I could interview him because I also want to make a mount for my mt. bike. Turns out the guy has nearly 40k miles on his AT and, as an employee of Santa Cruz Cycles, mountain biking is part of his profession. He custom made his rack which sits over the exhaust side. Most of the others I've seen are centered.

I am an avid cyclist (mountain, cross, road) What better way to get to that distant trailhead for some sweet singletrack adventure that on my ATAS DCT! There are some companies that market motorcycle bike racks, however, I intend to make my own.

Cheers!
Incredible. It took me a second to see how long that rack was. ****. Looks like I would need a rack to attach it to. I already have a motech top plate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same thing when I came from a tour. The road was pretty hilly, and so the breakdown was a fair outcome of that. I go on this tour every year, but this was the first time it happened to me. I don't think it was the fault of the tour from https://biketourjapan.com/. It was really amazing. I took many pictures, made friends with new people, and managed to accumulate a lot of emotions and impressions. I think that such tours are a kind of therapy so next year I will definitely go again, and I will be delighted because I really enjoy being on tour.

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
212 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts