Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It it one thing to apply film to a metal part of the bike where it can be removed with heat, but I am leery of placing film on a plastic display where it will likely stay the rest of it's life.

Does the TFT display scratch any easier than whatever plastic is on all the old style LCD screens and speedometer covers bikes used to have?

NC

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Does the TFT display scratch any easier than whatever plastic is on all the old style LCD screens and speedometer covers bikes used to have?

NC
I think it does. I got a scratch in mine on the right side panel, the first week I owned it. The only thing I ever put anywhere near it was a glove when re-fuelling. I can't figure out what scratched it so easily and fairly deeply. I am going to try to work it out as best I can with some Novus plastic polish and put some NuShield DayVue anti-reflective film over it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agree that the yellow piece doesn't go on the screen, it is just one of the 3 layers in the install process, that protects the actual film while shipping and installing. I used this with the hope it would eliminate the dust that covers the screen when riding in dusty conditions. It has helped a bit, but dust still collects, just not as thickly and I can now safely brush off the screens even just using my gloved hand without damage, so I definitely recommend this product. I did not notice the screens were any more difficult to read by the way, once installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts