Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nuetech Tubliss Gen 2.0 ?
Anyone using it?
worth the hassle to install?
PITA to change tires?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nuetech Tubliss Gen 2.0 is targeted mostly for off-road use?
Yea, mostly a bead locker and for ultra low pressure, but it i s designed to make tubed rims tubeless, just seems like it would be a HUGE hassle when it’s time to change the tires..

·
Registered
273 Posts
I ran Nuetech Tubliss on my DR650, then when I traded up to my '17 Africa Twin I went with the Outex kit for eliminating tubes. I've had experience of running the Tubliss for a couple of years and I would not go with that for the AT.

With the Africa Twin I would not air down the tyres to improve grip off-road. This is one of the major differences between a heavy adventure touring motorcycle and a lighter dual-sport motorcycle. The sort of terrain that would have had me airing down the tires on the DR650 is the sort of terrain that I wouldn't try to tackle on the AT.

I know there are some people that would take a 250kg bike and take it where it would be hard enough to take a 150kg bike, but they either have a lot more skill than me or they are a lot more reckless than me (or maybe both).

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I ran Nuetech Tubliss on my DR650, then when I traded up to my '17 Africa Twin I went with the Outex kit for eliminating tubes. I've had experience of running the Tubliss for a couple of years and I would not go with that for the AT.

With the Africa Twin I would not air down the tyres to improve grip off-road. This is one of the major differences between a heavy adventure touring motorcycle and a lighter dual-sport motorcycle. The sort of terrain that would have had me airing down the tires on the DR650 is the sort of terrain that I wouldn't try to tackle on the AT.

I know there are some people that would take a 250kg bike and take it where it would be hard enough to take a 150kg bike, but they either have a lot more skill than me or they are a lot more reckless than me (or maybe both).
Tho I do have the experience and stupidly to take the ATAS in places most riders wouldn’t I usually avoid them, simply because it’s more work than it is fun… Just looking at them more for the way they seal the spokes, then to run super low pressure every once and a great while.
thank you for your input.

BTW, how is the Outex kits working?
that does look like a much better option, especially when it comes time to change the tires.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Outex is doing a good job, on a 3 1/2 week trip I don't lose pressure. Over a few months I might need to top up the pressure but any loss is very slow. I use a TPMS to keep an eye on it so I don't fail to notice any need to add air.

I really hate tubes, so using any system to avoid them seems like a good idea to me.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Outex is doing a good job, on a 3 1/2 week trip I don't lose pressure. Over a few months I might need to top up the pressure but any loss is very slow. I use a TPMS to keep an eye on it so I don't fail to notice any need to add air.

I really hate tubes, so using any system to avoid them seems like a good idea to me.
Thanks,
Good to know, been thinking of converting to tubeless and running Ride-On

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AT-D: How has Ride-On been working out for you?
Haven’t used it yet, it supposed to work on tubes too, it’s better with tubeless. I’m really leaning on going tubeless when I change the tires ( here soon ). I’ll get some of that Ride-on then too, figure it can’t hurt. Balances the tires out and automatically fixes most punchers to boot.
Will let you know when I do...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts