Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im getting a 17 plate dct in a couple of weeks very low miles only 4200 just wondering is there anything i should look out for with these i have ridden it and she seems fine but just wondering..

Many thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The stock Dunlops on mine were ****. Broke the inside surface of the front in two places, which pinched the tube. No holes in the outside, spec air pressure. Poor off road traction from the rear. Went with TKC 80s. No complaints other than that. Enjoy!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips will keep an eye out on the tyres hopefully i will be picking her up by the end of the week :grin2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the bike is fitted with OEM heated grips, there is a good chance that they will be less than useless. I am struggling get any joy from Honda despite the number of complaints on this forum about the lack of heat. I reckon that there must be an 80% dissatisfaction rate.
I agree with the comment on the stock tyres but then any Honda bike that I have bought in the past came with ***** tyres as standard.
Shame really because other than that it's a cracking bike.

·
Registered
CRF1100L DCT
281 Posts
Honda still insist that the grips work within spec, unfortunately the salesmen don't tell you the spec is 10 degrees lower than expectations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
According to Honda that is confidential information which is not shared with dealers never mind the punters who bought them.. So if your grips heat up at all they can meet their imaginary 'spec'. I found that under identical conditions that the OEM grips, at maximum, were almost 30 degrees cooler than the Oxford grips at maximum.

On that basis, if Honda sold you an electric kettle which warmed water to 30 degrees, they can claim that there's nothing wrong with it because it meets their 'confidential' spec. Maybe I shouldn't give them ideas.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Look for the posts on the DCT reset in case it hasn't been done. You might not need it, but you might.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips guys.
Yes she does have heated grips fitted but sounds like there rubbish but tbh my last 2 Triumphs had them and i never used them so im sure this will not be a problem but i will try them out on Sunday and report back..
Off to search DCT reset :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all, just to report my heated grips seem fine to me number 5 made my hands to hot so i turned them back off.
I must admit i have been riding for more years than i care to admit and have never used heated grips had them on a couple of Triumphs i had but only ever checked they worked, so they could be utter rubbish as not being a user i have nothing to compare them against.
Also it was fairly warm with a 13 degree air temp on the dash so all in all the worst revue ever....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have fun with your AT.... Toasty hands are always nice to have during winter...

Hi all, just to report my heated grips seem fine to me number 5 made my hands to hot so i turned them back off.
I must admit i have been riding for more years than i care to admit and have never used heated grips had them on a couple of Triumphs i had but only ever checked they worked, so they could be utter rubbish as not being a user i have nothing to compare them against.
Also it was fairly warm with a 13 degree air temp on the dash so all in all the worst revue ever....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts