Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any information regarding the CRF1100 ability to change Apple Car play to Android Auto?
The reason I ask is, I currently use a Samsung Android phone and do not wish to change over to apple.

Can anyone confirm whether or not that the Head unit has the ability to allow the user on initial setup to select Android Auto or not?

Many thanks,

Peter.

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
I could be wrong, but Apply Car Play is it. Even my dealer was unimpressed with the lack of choice. Same issue with the Gold Wings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could be wrong, but Apply Car Play is it. Even my dealer was unimpressed with the lack of choice. Same issue with the Gold Wings.
Thank you for the reply.

I am in Australia, and have pre ordered the AT Adventure Sport and expect delivery early April.

The bike dealers out here don't know the answer, I emailed Honda Australia, and they replied with "Talk to be dealer".

I contacted a Honda Car dealership and spoke with the Servicing manager who advised that, "in the Honda Cars they are fitted with Apple Carplay however, the unitvalsobsupports Android Auto.

Therefore, I was thinking that Honda may, do the same on the bike as it has done for the cars.

Peter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Auto correct stuffed me!!

I was advised by a Honda Car Dealership Service Manager that, the Unit also supports Android Auto.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Honda cars support Apple and Android. Example: Honda Fit
That's what got me thinking that the bikes should be the same.

I just got off the phone to Honda Australia Motorcycles, they couldn't give me a definate answer but, advised me to get a Honda Bike Dealer to make Contact with Honda Technical Support to obtain an answer.

I thought someone in the UK and or Europe would know as they have purchased bikes already on the roads over there.

Peter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Apple CarPlay only. I’m a proud owner of the 2020 AfricaTwin AS. If you download the owners manual you will have all the info needed. Your Honda dealer should of answered your questions directly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apple CarPlay only. I’m a proud owner of the 2020 AfricaTwin AS. If you download the owners manual you will have all the info needed. Your Honda dealer should of answered your questions directly.

Thank you for the response.

I'll try downloading and read it.

Many thanks.

Peter.

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
Yeah, it mostly sucks. I reckon Apple might have some sort of agreement with Honda that inhibits Android Auto for a certain amount of time? Dunno. It wouldn't be the first time sumthin' like that would have happened. Doesn't explain why Android Auto is available in the cars.

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
It’s neither an Apple or Honda issue. Google said. “We are not interested”. The same was said for the GoldWing CarPlay.
Waterloo Google insider? :whistle:

= = =

Surprisingly, the rumour mill is suggesting that for the 2020 Gold Wing, Android Auto will replace Apple CarPlay. Replace? Sounds like this idea may have been nixed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, it mostly sucks. I reckon Apple might have some sort of agreement with Honda that inhibits Android Auto for a certain amount of time? Dunno. It wouldn't be the first time sumthin' like that would have happened. Doesn't explain why Android Auto is available in the cars.
I'm hearing you!

When I spoke with the Honda Car Dealership, they advised me that they can connect to and make updates and changes to the entertainment side of things without affecting anything to the vehicle performance or w
It’s neither an Apple or Honda issue. Google said. “We are not interested”. The same was said for the GoldWing CarPlay.
Yep..... I am hearing it!

At least 1 Honda Dealer has offered to hook up to diagnostic computer and look deeper into the files.

So, as soon as I get the bike I'll get it looked into to.

Just downloaded the Owners Manual and read through the Carplay section.

Thanks for the assistance you kind people!

Peter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm hearing you!

When I spoke with the Honda Car Dealership, they advised me that they can connect to and make updates and changes to the entertainment side of things without affecting anything to the vehicle performance or w

Yep..... I am hearing it!

At least 1 Honda Dealer has offered to hook up to diagnostic computer and look deeper into the files.

So, as soon as I get the bike I'll get it looked into to.

Just downloaded the Owners Manual and read through the Carplay section.

Thanks for the assistance you kind people!

Peter.
any news boss?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts