Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, struggling with a volume issue while using google maps while on a Bluetooth connection from the honda 2020africa twin module to my SENA intercom fitted to a Schuberth c4 . Have upped the volume both on the I phone and on the bikes inputs. Music is load and clear but maps instructions are a whispers. Help

·
Registered
366 Posts
Does all that crap work on a rocky forest service road with no cell service as you panic brake before riding through a 5’ deep cross ditch ½ full of water?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, struggling with a volume issue while using google maps while on a Bluetooth connection from the honda 2020africa twin module to my SENA intercom fitted to a Schuberth c4 . Have upped the volume both on the I phone and on the bikes inputs. Music is load and clear but maps instructions are a whispers. Help
first connect to apple car play , if all is connected go to settings , general, volume and go with arrows all the way down until you see apple car play ( you can change that to 30 ) . i had same problem and now is all working super

·
Registered
202 Posts
So many ways you can input with the CarPlay that its worth playing with all the volume controls.
In reply to @black99S sure there will always be an occasion when it doesn't work like anything tech...but for those that want to try it on the Rocky Forest service road I have found that maps.me works great. you download the maps to the device so it don't gobble up or fail with no data.
Unfortunately I live in England where the whole world has a signal of some sort so can't say what happens lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does all that crap work on a rocky forest service road with no cell service as you panic brake before riding through a 5’ deep cross ditch ½ full of water?
My experience of Apple carplay nav is it doesn't work if theres no cell. Had this happen twice on my in car Apple carplay Head unit. It has no inbuilt maps so relies on the apple Apps , if you try to start a navigation without a cell it cant and if it needs to recalculate mid route and theres no cell it mobile reception.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first connect to apple car play , if all is connected go to settings , general, volume and go with arrows all the way down until you see apple car play ( you can change that to 30 ) . i had same problem and now is all working super
Hey thanks for that, I will go with that, l hope you are enjoying the bike as much as l am . I would be interested as to how you get on with slow manoeuvres ( road turns ) , I am finding it quite challenging and I am self critical as I prided myself on my ability with my gs. More practice I guess.
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey thanks for that, I will go with that, l hope you are enjoying the bike as much as l am . I would be interested as to how you get on with slow manoeuvres ( road turns ) , I am finding it quite challenging and I am self critical as I prided myself on my ability with my gs. More practice I guess.
Cheers
i never drove a motorcycle until last summer ( i am 53 years old) , never went to driving lessons . So don't ask me for slow manoeuvres but until now it all works . my user settings are S1 , the least power and middle of engine brake , and every day i get more confidence :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cheers
Stewart,

For slow manoeurvres you have to use your rear brake. Give a little bit throttle and the reduce your speed with your rear break. This is instead of ridding with a slippery clutch. Just try it on a empty parking lot make a couple of 8 figures. And do this on S1 or S2. I use in the most cases S1 and on country road D mode.
A nice app for navigation is Scenic but it supports no Carplay yet (Apple as not yet add this app to Carplay). Flitsmeister is a nice Carplay A to B navigation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stewart,

For slow manoeurvres you have to use your rear brake. Give a little bit throttle and the reduce your speed with your rear break. This is instead of ridding with a slippery clutch. Just try it on a empty parking lot make a couple of 8 figures. And do this on S1 or S2. I use in the most cases S1 and on country road D mode.
A nice app for navigation is Scenic but it supports no Carplay yet (Apple as not yet add this app to Carplay). Flitsmeister is a nice Carplay A to B navigation.
Thanks for that,I’ve been playing at it in the box hill car park with some success, getting beyond years of clutch dependence and developing better throttle rear brake coordination is paying dividends. Managed to avoid the embarrassment of an interludes on my arse thus far .

·
Registered
50 Posts
I absolutely agree with the use of rear brake. I have found on my DCT model I use it more than the front (except for stopping fast). On DCT the rear brake compensates for the lack of clutch control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts