Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the April's Ride of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
57 Posts
Last weekend at the southern outskirts of the Atacama desert.
2021 CRF1100D DCT
Added:
-PUIG Touring Screen.
-BarkBusters-Storm handguards
-Hepco-Becker Alurack Top Case carrier
-Hepco-Becker Explorer 45lt Top Case
-GIVI upper and lower Crash Bars
-Hepco-Becker Center Stand
-Grip Buddies, RAM Mounts for smartphone, side stand shoe extension. Eastbound MotoWinch for the peace of mind on solo rides.

Likes: DCT, long range suspension, handling at operating speeds; a joy to ride on dirt roads and highways. Quick-fast enough for me.

Dislikes: jerky throttle and handling at walking speed maneuvers on first gear, not being able to lift the bike by myself (not at risk of serious damage to my back and neck) at stupid drops at low speeds cause of the jerky throttle, if I survive the incident (Yes, I did try to feather the back brake and failed anyway).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Booster plug almost totally eliminates that low speed throttle on off folly. And improves throttle response through entire rev range. A 45 tooth rear sprocket made it even better. Will post my pics for contest when I get home.

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
57 Posts
Booster plug almost totally eliminates that low speed throttle on off folly...
Not available on 2021 models and on because "with the new emission restrictions that are enforced from 2021, the manufactorers are obliged to build monitoring systems into the ECU and make sure they flash a warning in the dashboard if any of the sensors are showing signs of being tweaked. This monitoring thing does not only affect the BoosterPlug. The new ECU’s are locked for remapping (ECU flash), and Power Commanders and the horrible O2 eliminators will have the same problems with the arrival of the new emission regulations. There is no way around this, so we (BoosterPlug Co.) had to make the tough decision to stop developing new BoosterPlug’s and make it clear that we do not support bikes newer than 2020."
Maybe i'll try DoubleThumper plugs

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
264 Posts
My images from my Graffiti Art ride out to Sunny Digbeth by the Sea in Birmingham UK ( thats a joke by the way!! :);))

The modifications i have done so far are as follows, in order of fitment.

Kreiga fork seal shield protection kit.
Rubberdust Dakar 88 Decal Kit.
PUIG Headlight protector.
Pyramid Fender Extender.
RG Paint Protection Film kit.
Genuie Honda Fog light kit.
R&G Tail tidy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
St. Mary LK Glacier NP MT
Troy MT. And Cascades in WaState. Current Mods delkavic CAT delete pipe, M4 muffler, twin air filters, cut off air box SNORKLES, Booster plug, puig adjustable windscreen, honda wind deflectors, swmotech pannier racks SRC engine guards, 45 tooth Vortex aluminum rear sproket. Probably missing a few things. Karoo3 tires that are toasted at 3k miles. Things a beast! The power it has now shoulve been stock
IMG_20200903_090920450.jpg
IMG_20200829_143825658_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200621_152110176_HDR.jpg

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Hey guys, keep in mind the following when posting. Particularly #1 because i need to eliminate some excess photos.

• You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  • List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  • The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  • Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  • Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  • Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

@Gorilla2891 and @ORVdaveVA please let me know which 3 photos you want to keep.

Edit: Actually with @ORVdaveVA I can figure it out. There are two with no bike in the photos that are out. But please add the additional info so that the entry can be considered :)

Edit 2: Actually I can figure out @Gorilla2891's as well. Noticed a couple are dupes :)

Why does it post pics twice? I try to edit and there are only 3. This happens a lot.
Fixed it :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
270 Posts

With a buggy TomTom MyDrive app and navigator on Gravel Roads to Borås 🇸🇪 south of Sweden 11 Swed/miles

Temperature: 14C. 57.2 degrees Fahrenheit

TomTom Navigator
Smartphone mount for motorcycle
Back Busters hand protection
Touratech Upper and lower crash bars
Puig Windscreen extension
Pyramid Plastic Front Fender Extender
Sw Motech saddle bag
Home Made Aluminium Pannier and toolbox
18w Led extra light (Biltema) with external and horn crontrole
Home made Aluminium Mc Crane
Lastly new Mitas E07 Dacar shooes

Note: for best comfort on Swedish 🇸🇪 Gravel roads you should wait until midsummer !
because the roads here are maintained in the spring and are rather tuff after the road machines have done their job in Spring

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
264 Posts
That’ video does not play for me, it stops then starts?
What is it that we are supposed to be looking at?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts