Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
CRF1000L | CB1000R
259 Posts
My '17 AT with about 22k miles. It's a large dual-sport where I often use the #heavydualsport in my IG posts, it's heft is manageable. Not riding single-track trails anymore so, it's all good. The AT is happy roaming the Appalachian or Rocky Mountains. I've done a few 500+ mile slab days getting somewhere too. Fuel range is sufficient though sometimes I do carry a one-gallon Rotopax out west. My AT has removable Givi racks for the Wolfman Rocky Mountain bags and without the racks, I use the Wolfman E-12's. Givi bars up front. Raised front fender. Barkbusters. Electrical power supply wiget under the seat. Dual GPS. Heated grips. Second LED tail/brake light. Rear rack with Rotopax mount. Tubeless rear wheel. Power Bronze short windscreen and headlight protection. 101st Airborne Division sticker! :D

Northern Georgia

Blue Ridge Parkway

Cinnamon Pass, CO

·
Registered
49 Posts

My 2017 crf 1000 DCT.
Front fender lift kit
Rally scorpion tyres
Heed upper crash bars
Fork wind ****
12 v outlet
Centre stand
Custom built Wiber suspension
Upgraded fork springs
Side stand big foot
Future accessories.
barkbusters, bottom crash bars, skid plate.
givi top box.
I owned an original Africa Twin and always regretted selling it so this one has stopped me killing my self due to the crap we’re going through with the bad flu this year 😉

·
Registered
49 Posts
My images from my Graffiti Art ride out to Sunny Digbeth by the Sea in Birmingham UK ( thats a joke by the way!! :);))

The modifications i have done so far are as follows, in order of fitment.

Kreiga fork seal shield protection kit.
Rubberdust Dakar 88 Decal Kit.
PUIG Headlight protector.
Pyramid Fender Extender.
RG Paint Protection Film kit.
Genuie Honda Fog light kit.
R&G Tail tidy.

View attachment 62298

View attachment 62299

View attachment 62300
Digbeth 😱 Hope you was Tooled up.

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
304 Posts
Not available on 2021 models and on because "with the new emission restrictions that are enforced from 2021, the manufactorers are obliged to build monitoring systems into the ECU and make sure they flash a warning in the dashboard if any of the sensors are showing signs of being tweaked. This monitoring thing does not only affect the BoosterPlug. The new ECU’s are locked for remapping (ECU flash), and Power Commanders and the horrible O2 eliminators will have the same problems with the arrival of the new emission regulations. There is no way around this, so we (BoosterPlug Co.) had to make the tough decision to stop developing new BoosterPlug’s and make it clear that we do not support bikes newer than 2020."
Maybe i'll try DoubleThumper plugs
Sad. :( Good thing I hold onto things forever. My 2019 ATAS loves it!
All right this is the wrong place to comment on OT Off Topic
but are the injection mapping on Honda really in need of a Boosterplug
i think it is only an expensive extension cord with a resistor baked in polyester
the rest is just Smart marketing and the bikers imagination 🤢

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
278 Posts
Digbeth 😱 Hope you was Tooled up.
It is funny you should say that. It was a late sunny Sunday afternoon, it should have been deserted, but there were people everywhere.

Ideally I wanted to use this arch as one of the backdrops, so headed there first, but there were two guys already there, one lying on the floor, wasted, the squatting and shooting up.

I didn’t hang around long!

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is funny you should say that. It was a late sunny Sunday afternoon, it should have been deserted, but there were people everywhere.

Ideally I wanted to use this arch as one of the backdrops, so headed there first, but there were two guys already there, one lying on the floor, wasted, the squatting and shooting up.

I didn’t hang around long!

View attachment 62369
There’s some of the same Art under Spaghetti Junction and under the elevated section of the M6 to Castle vale. I worked under there replacing drainage years ago.

·
Registered
278 Posts
There’s some of the same Art under Spaghetti Junction and under the elevated section of the M6 to Castle vale. I worked under there replacing drainage years ago.
Ah yes! Spaghetti junction and Castle vale!

Two places that could not be more stabby if you tried!
And if you think I am wondering around there with my big expensive Nikon SLR you must be having a laugh!!

·
Super Moderator
5,774 Posts
All right this is the wrong place to comment OT Off Topic
but are the injektion mapping on Honda really in need of a Busterplug
i think it is only an expensive extension cord with a resistor baked in polyester
the rest is just Smart marketing and the bikers imagination 🤢
I suspect by next month's challenge, unrelated contest posts will simply be deleted.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I suspect by next month's challenge, unrelated contest posts will simply be deleted.
Oh sorry did I miss something? Wasn’t aware we were not supposed to be making comments on our posts?

Sorry if that’s bad form, please feel free to delete my ramblings related to my original picture post!

·
Administrator
3,002 Posts
This is our first month doing these. I don't think comments relating to the photo entries are really a problem. However off-topic posts can become a distraction and bury the entrants posts, making it less likely for viewers to scroll back through pages to rate.

Looking forward we may tweak the wording a little to limit posts to those relevant to the submissions.

But this month is a learning process to see how it flows :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 African Twin, Adventure Sports ES, DCT
35 Posts
Out for a Sunday drive in the desert west of Delta, Utah on the old highway US 6 & 50. Testing out my Dunlop Trailmax mission tires which were lots of fun to mount and balance.

2021 ATAS ES DCT new in Feb 2021. ~ 2300 miles on it so far.

Added: ( I have done all of the mechanical work myself)
  • new Dunlop trailmax mission 50/50 tires
  • Honda Center stand, lower engine guard, accessory light bar.
  • Outback mototech panniers with Giant Loop pannier bags.
  • 2003 Wolfman tank bag from my old KLR650.
  • Zeta hand guards w/power madd shields. Had to modify them to get them to work with the zeta hand guards.
  • Ram wireless cellphone mount.
  • Spot X satellite communicator, which I use any time I am out here in the desert.
  • Eastbound motowinch to help lift the bike when I crash again. Went down in the mud the first time and it was a pain to get it upright.

Intersection of old US 6 & 50 and Tule valley road.

I don't care what your political views are.... they need to stay on social media, not out here in the desert...

Heading south on Tule valley road towards Notch Peak

Notch Peak is one of the highest cliff faces in North America rising 2,200 feet. The summit is around 4,450 feet above Tule valley.

Here is a cool view of Notch Peak from the top by people who were using Wingsuits to BASE jump. Do a search on YouTube and you can find lots of videos of people BASE jumping from the top of Notch Peak.

Todays ride was a 141 mile loop mostly on gravel roads.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Fresh pics from today and I have both my adventure bikes running. A friend from work tagged along on my KLR for a rip up the Elaho Valley. About 75km one way of gravel and rock roads, over multiple landslides and wash outs. A dozen significant water crossings, and a 30kph drop in the snow.

'20 ATAS mods (21,500KM):
EB PC8
Scottoiler X system
SW-Motech center stand and skid plate extension
SW-Motech Evo racks
Givi upper and lower engine guards
Denali Soundbomb Compact
Barkbusters Storm
Camel Adventure bridge/riser
Rugged Roads rear rack
SW-Motech side stand foot
Guglatech condom
Guglatech air filters
Swegotech air dam
Touratech brake pedal adapter

'11 KLR Mods (98,700km):
Sargent Seat
Givi engine guards
JNS Engineering skid plate
Progressive front suspension
Elka rear shock(3rd unit)
Radiator I bought from some guy on the side of the road in Baja
Barkbusters Storm
Happy Trails windshield riser
Dirt bike front fender
Fork brace

I love both of these bikes for the same reason. Every time I finish a long day or a long trip on either bike, I am in awe of both their ability to run so hard for so long and keep on ticking and the incredible places they take me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
View attachment 62359 View attachment 62360
View attachment 62361
My 2017 crf 1000 DCT.
Front fender lift kit
Rally scorpion tyres
Heed upper crash bars
Fork wind ****
12 v outlet
Centre stand
Custom built Wiber suspension
Upgraded fork springs
Side stand big foot
Future accessories.
barkbusters, bottom crash bars, skid plate.
givi top box.
I owned an original Africa Twin and always regretted selling it so this one has stopped me killing my self due to the crap we’re going through with the bad flu this year 😉
By the way, forgot to add that i love the fact your man cave has carpet for your bike to park on!!👍👍😉😉😜😜

·
Administrator
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
After tallying the votes, we have a winner!

Congratulations to @TETSUHIRO for having the most likes on their ride!

Thank you to everyone who participated in April's ROTM Thread!
The thread is now closed.

A new thread for May's ROTM will be up soon!

~Richard.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.