Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are 2018 additions Interchangeable with 2016/17 models?

Does anyone know if 2018 new additions are interchangeable with the 2016/17 models?

For example, I heard below are new to the 2018 models:

Larger Fuel Tank
Gauge Cluster
Starter Assembly w/new settings
Wider Footpegs
Redesigned Exhaust
Redesigned Airbox
Rear Tail Side Cowl
Stiffer Rear Shock
Skid Plate
Side Panel w/Emblem
Redesigned Rear handle
Redesigned Airbox
Lithium Ion Cell Battery
Plexiglass Windscreen
Quick Shifter

·
Registered
230 Posts
The new metal rear rack will not fit from what I've heard. I imagine most of those things in the list wouldn't be too cost effective to acquire from honda. Lithium ion batteries can be had from shorai and earthx which are well proven on enduro bikes for about 6 years.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
The new metal rear rack will not fit from what I've heard. I imagine most of those things in the list wouldn't be too cost effective to acquire from honda. Lithium ion batteries can be had from shorai and earthx which are well proven on enduro bikes for about 6 years.
Also worth pointing out that currently no Honda topbox can be fitted to the AT sport. The shape of the new rear rack means that the adaptor plate used on the 2016/17 standard bikes does not allow the top box to be fitted. My dealer didn't have a solution for this so far.
Mike

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be easier and possibly just as cheap to trade in for the new model.
I would have to agree if one's intentions were to swap everything. However, in the event we had to replace damaged OEM parts for new, knowing 2018 parts is a direct swap onto previous models is a plus.:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts