Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Are we allowed to post negative views/experiences regarding our bikes and the way Honda treats its customers?

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Ron3005 
#1 ·
Is this forum owned by Honda or something? I have just had one thread moved and 2 posts deleted. And it feels like it was because I was expressing my dissatisfaction with the issues I have had with my bike. Please can one of the staff members tell me whats going on?

#2 ·
What do you think?

#3 ·
And no, the posts that were deleted were where you were making unfounded claims about "censorship" because a thread was moved into a subforum without even taking the time to ask anyone why. The thread complaining about Honda and how they treat their customers of course still exists.

#5 ·
People are free to share negative experiences on the forum. I just read some in the "Are you happy with your AT?" thread and they've not been removed.
The forum is made up of other AT owners who benefit from a wide range of views, especially negative experiences. Honda has no official representative here and the site is sponsored by its premium membership base.

Your post concerns Bodywork and Paint and that's likely why it was moved into Bodywork and Paint.
Naturally, each of the subforums see less traffic than the General section as they pertain to less general issues... but the topic threads are no less relevant or more difficult to access. I imagine most people search keywords and sort by "new" anyway.
If the forum did engage in censorship, moving topics to the appropriate subforum would be a very poor way to do it.

I hope your dealership changes their stance.

#7 ·
Yes. We have a lot of threads on here that are full of negative experiences. One dealing with the fueling issues was recently merged in a "mega thread" because we had at least a dozen different threads all dealing with the same issue and it was getting confusing to keep track of them all. But many including myself have been very vocal critics of Honda and how they are treating a serious safety issue.

There has been some "housekeeping" of threads, such as combing that "mega thread" and @HatNeil 's post likely got caught up in that. But man, it is hard to even have a look at it when there is thread after thread about censorship popping up rather than just a simple PM.

A simpler solution would have been a PM asking "Hey man, why was my thread moved, could you have a look at it for me?" :)

BTW: The links posted above are only from the first 10 pages of the general forum. I could make a "Complaints about Honda and the Africa Twin Mega Thread" if I combined them all LOL

#9 ·
No worries. Now back to the thread in question. It is this one yes?

#18 ·
We are still just out of the savana with a good shave. Our social skills are pretty good when we are face to face, but on forums online, ettiquet and behaviour is still quite hit and miss. Many Fubars going on. Me included.
I am glad the mod are not banning you or something extreme like that.

I am sure there are days that any one of us would have overreacted like that!

grab a beer and take it easy.

But I agree about your topic, I remember reading about it some time ago and immediately going out to check my welds and paint work.
I have a black bike so harder to see.
But mine all seems OK, and I have given it a beating as well. All holding together.
I agree the images you shared were pretty **** welding and painting.
Must have been a right fridays afternoon special there mate!

Word of warning to others, fight the giddy feeling of leaving the garage with your new bike and give a good critical eye over all different parts and dont be shy to corner the sales guy and say "what is this", or "why is this like this", ......

Good luck with your issues mate

#16 ·
Maybe slightly off topic, but I would like to congratulate everyone involved in this forum. I have been a member of quite a few other car/bike forums over the years and they always seem so negative! This is the first forum I have come across where everyone is genuinely trying to help each other out with advise etc. and new riders, with basic questions, are treated just as well as the more senior members of this group.
Thanks!!
Bucky

#17 ·
Thanks Bradbucky! We all appreciate the kind words.

In answer to the question in whether Honda owns or has any ownership in this forum, the answer is definitely no. The forum is owned by VerticalScope, a company that develops and operates Websites, online communities, and forums in automotive, powersports, power equipment, sports, pets, and technology and is based in Toronto, Canada. VerticalScope has 800+ sites under it's umbrella, which I believe includes sites for every major brand of car and motorcycle.

The site is managed by VerticalScope employees as Admins and they are assisted by volunteer moderators. The cite is an enthusiast site, not a corporate one.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.