Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm currently a KLR owner, as well as a CB500f owner - every part of me wants to justify selling the CB and adding another dual sport to the fleet in the form of an Africa Twin. I can't find a bad word about the bike anywhere. Any tips for someone looking to get into the game with one of these things? Should I buy new? Look for a unicorn of a used deal? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
975 Posts
I had a KLR (2010) for five years and it never really became my favorite. The AT is a brilliant bike and light-years ahead of the KLR. You'll love it!

There are already a bunch of earlier buyers that are selling (like most motorcycles - impulse purchase). I've seen quite a few in the Cycle Trader in the US.

Good luck getting your new favorite bike. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Any opinion on the standard transmission vs. the DCT? Not having to shift seems odd yet at the same time pretty cool. Again, every report I've seen on it is neutral to positive. Can't find anyone complaining much about it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I rode a VFR1200X Crosstourer and really liked the DCT and it wasn't as modern or effective as the one on the AT. If it was available when I ordered my bike I would have gone DCT but I could only get Rally Red (which I wanted) and manual transmission. My next bike I'd certainly go with DCT.

Lots of posts on here about people's preferences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts