Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,598 Posts
There has been discussions and speculations of a "Baby AT", ... but if Honda can do it, releasing it at the same time as the Rebel CMX1100 and the rumored CB1100X would be a powerful 2021 model launch punch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No word yet on a 850 AT, but dang that new 300 Rally looks great. Lighter and more power than the old 250 Rally. I'm really looking forward to seeing one in person. Hopefully they will release it for the US market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
48 Posts
I liked very much nc750x and indeed it will be perfect motor for baby Africa Twin, will buy it as soon as it will be available.
Honda should release it longtime ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My wife traded her AT for a 390 Adventure because of weight.
Even though I added the 5 year warranty to my '18 ATAS, like your wife I would def consider an 850 if it dropped the weight 100+ lbs. I am not very strong so the added piece of mind of being able to lift it after tipping the bike far from civilization is a big plus. This is the main reason I never take mine off road (no friends with ADV motorcycles and the possibility of being stranded). Soon it will look like a Dakar bike with the all the farkles I ordered from Camel ADV, Altrider, GIVI and HEED in the last couple of months but in reality I just hangout and run errands. lol

·
Registered
2019 ATAS Manual
209 Posts
I’d certainly give an 850 some serious consideration but I’d really be ecstatic if Honda came out with a 400-500cc version. I’m already planning to add back a 300-450cc bike for more technical and snotty off road before I’m too old to want to go after it anymore. I haven’t had a small displacement dirt or enduro bike in far too long. I really miss it.

I think an upscaled “AT” version of a CRF450...done right with some real punch and wicked suspension off the showroom floor would sell by the truckload. But it couldn’t suffer the same power complaints of the CRF450L...it would have to have some real balls and be a contender for wknd trips off the beaten path.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts