Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Been a lurker for a while, decided to pull the trigger and picked up my new 2022 CRF1100L DCT AS ES yesterday. The original delivery estimate was May but the bike arrived early (seems to be a pattern here - dealer mentioned something about orders showing up a few months earlier than expected). Was riding since 13, my first proper bike was a CB1100F2. Went through too many bikes to mention - but my busted knee told me that it's time to stop fooling around and buy one that I can ride with straight back and relaxed legs (even with a knee brace). Love the soft suspension, irons out cratered city streets nicely. DCT is a first to me, jury is still out on that one - no complaints so far except the lower-than-my-preference RPMs while cruising. S1 or S2 cures that. Once we got warmed up to each other would love to tour the Alps and Spain - hopefully this summer.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So excellent @TangoAlphaSierra.

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you found us, and congratulations on your new beast. Colour scheme?
Thank you for the welcome, Double Thumper! The beast is "pearl white", or classic red-blue-white. Also, just commissioned a local artist to turn my all-white Shoei Neotec2 into something akin to the Arai Tour X4 Africa Twin :)

· Registered
965 Posts
(+1) for S1. I will drop back to Drive Mode (while in Urban profile) when traffic dampens things significantly or I feel very chilled.
S1 almost always for me ... I also run the least possible engine breaking at all times and use "D" mode when descending a few thousand of feet out of higher terrain which seems to be a good compromise between good coasting / engine breaking

· Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,419 Posts
Hi and welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts