Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined up. About to dive in to the AT world. Have a bevy of motorcycles - just about to donate my trusty Vstrom to my son and get an AT to mostly commute on. Will post up my AT curiosity questions in the appropriate forums.

Hi to you all - hope to be an active person here as I get to know the AT better. I have a LOT of motorcycling knowledge - I do all my own servicing work, have 12 bikes and love helping others save money and enjoy the sport I love dearly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just joined up. About to dive in to the AT world. Have a bevy of motorcycles - just about to donate my trusty Vstrom to my son and get an AT to mostly commute on. Will post up my AT curiosity questions in the appropriate forums.

Hi to you all - hope to be an active person here as I get to know the AT better. I have a LOT of motorcycling knowledge - I do all my own servicing work, have 12 bikes and love helping others save money and enjoy the sport I love dearly.
Wow... you sound like the exact opposite of me. I too love motorcycles, but the last time I even looked at an engine on any of my motorcycles was around 1973. I took off the tank of my Kawasaki F7 175, because a buddy said I may need to "gap" my spark plugs. I didn't have a "gapper" (I think that's what we needed), so we pounded the top of the plug down a bit... and that was that.
Haven't had a lot of bikes since then, but still, a man needs to know his limitations. I do.

I'd really like to be friends. :smile2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Marcoma, welcome to the Africa Twin forum. I'm too new to the ATs to offer much more than a hello. Sounds like you and I have much the same interest; I do all my own service / maintenance, and own too many bikes (if that is possible?). My wife thinks that seven is enough. I traded my V-Strom in on my AT. Seemed to be the only way to move it out of the garage after trying to sell it for over 6 months without a single offer.

I'm really enjoying the AT and the DCT is really a different kind of riding experience. I keep reaching for the clutch and shift-lever.

Later, Bud...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Right on, welcome to the forum, tear into that sucker and post away.. I do all my own maintenance too currently 5 bikes in the stable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts