Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
15 Posts
Had my fourth stall on my 2021 ATAS DCT yesterday, about 1950 miles total on the OD. Yet again, from a stop in traffic, low throttle input, S1 Urban mode. Luckily I was shunted to left of a lane so the aggressive car behind me did not rear end me.

Every single one of my stalls has been taking off from a stop with low throttle input, or fully idle stopped in traffic.

Weirdly, shortly before that, the horn wasn't working earlier that afternoon, but did after I parked the bike, off for awhile (I'm still waiting on Helm to restock the service manual so I can look into how that's wired).

I have a case number with Honda and have asked them to read some of these threads.
It is so weird to know that i also have the horn problem a while ago. Then i just touched the cables on the left of the handlebar.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Had my fourth stall on my 2021 ATAS DCT yesterday, about 1950 miles total on the OD. Yet again, from a stop in traffic, low throttle input, S1 Urban mode. Luckily I was shunted to left of a lane so the aggressive car behind me did not rear end me.

Every single one of my stalls has been taking off from a stop with low throttle input, or fully idle stopped in traffic.

Weirdly, shortly before that, the horn wasn't working earlier that afternoon, but did after I parked the bike, off for awhile (I'm still waiting on Helm to restock the service manual so I can look into how that's wired).

I have a case number with Honda and have asked them to read some of these threads.
Sounds too serious now - maybe consider not riding it except maybe to the dealership and not again until after they (or Honda) resolves the issue. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
15 Posts
Sounds too serious now - maybe consider not riding it except maybe to the dealership and not again until after they (or Honda) resolves the issue. :rolleyes:
I just have brought to dealership for 4 times. Just for the responsibilty issues they always stands on “we can not know what to do if there is no error sign”

so, do not wait to be excited about the Honda processes :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just have brought to dealership for 4 times. Just for the responsibilty issues they always stands on “we can not know what to do if there is no error sign”

so, do not wait to be excited about the Honda processes :)
I've got a case number at Honda but they haven't suggested anything. it's just, return the bike to a certified dealer for warranty blah blah. The horn is intermittently working, of my 5 stalls, 4 have all been in the same exact manner. I'm starting to wonder if it's a wiring / electrics issue. Bolstered by how no DTC is recorded (has it ever for you Pixel?)

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
15 Posts
I've got a case number at Honda but they haven't suggested anything. it's just, return the bike to a certified dealer for warranty blah blah. The horn is intermittently working, of my 5 stalls, 4 have all been in the same exact manner. I'm starting to wonder if it's a wiring / electrics issue. Bolstered by how no DTC is recorded (has it ever for you Pixel?)
I didn't understand very well what you asked me but if i'm not wrong i can answer you that there is no error code, record or icon showing on the screen if horn doesn't work or there is any stall on the machine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Encountered my first stall on my '21 AT DCT at 1850 miles. It was fully hot (90°F day) cruising at ~30mph I accelerated smartly, not full throttle, it didn't down shift or anything, and it was like I accidently hit the kill switch but didn't.

It restarted right away after I had to rock it back and forth to get it unstuck from 2nd gear.

It had a check engine light but stupid me I didn't check the DCT in the service display before shutting the engine off. The check engine light was gone on the next ignition On.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My 2020 DCT has never hiccuped in 8,000 miles. Last week I had the tank fixed under warranty. The stock filter was dirty but not plugged. They added the G-filter. I road a hundred miles of road and dirt with no issues until I started to leave a stop sign it just died when I barely rolled on the throttle. No issues in the next hundred…

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
15 Posts
Hi there,

I want to update my status about my ATAS. Since my last mandatory guarantee service process there is no stall on the machine (at least 1.500km).
I want to let you know that they didn't do anything special except the standard service changes.

I always get attention on gear change to N before i shut down the engine (DCT).
I'm very suspicious on the oil change because it never stalls after the change. They've recalled the fuel filter but they haven't changed any oil.

Fyi.

·
Registered
70 Posts
2nd stall happened yesterday.

Just idling in D waiting for the stop light to turn green. Accelerate normally and it instantly died. Key was still on and it went into N by itself. Started right up and took off. About a 10 second delay for the cars behind me. 2800 miles, so ~1000 miles after the first stall.

·
Registered
2021 CRF 1100L DCT
15 Posts
Hi I don't normally bother where I get my fuel....I am not a very experienced biker either...Thank you for the advise, I need to learn more about this stuff.
I always get 89 or higher, and I have 1100L DCT at 1000 miles only… sometimes it stalls… honda announced that the 22’ models has reduced stalling … 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
267 Posts
Would love to see what Honda said about admitting to a stall problem and fixing it.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
I always get 89 or higher, and I have 1100L DCT at 1000 miles only… sometimes it stalls… honda announced that the 22’ models has reduced stalling … 🤦🏻‍♂️
Reduced stalling?

Is that like reduced salt? :ROFLMAO:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts