Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The seat is not as good as the reviews say it is.

I ordered the tank deflector and a taller windscreen and pieced together a $10 home depot mod
and the buffeting is gone and the ride is now much quieter.

I ordered a G2 throttle tamer to lose some of the jerkiness in the throttle.

Not perfect by any means but better.

Too many body panels to deal with get to critical maintenance areas.

ST and Pacific Coast designers must have needed a project.

Foot peg must be a major design goof they decided not to address.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The OE Dunlops are not confidence inspiring in the damp or cold.
Fitted Continental trial attack 2s
After 600kms have to say the bike is much nicer to ride.
And a lot happier in wet /damp conditions.
Honda got their tyre choice wrong I think for the UK and Ireland.
the OE tires are absolute garbage in cold/damp. the bike and its geometry go a long way to compensate for that. I cant wait to spoon on some Pirelli Scorpions for the street! they were OE on my 2014 Tiger 800xc and I absolutely loved them. Cant say enough good stuff about the Scorpion line.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Things I dont like about my AT:

The plastics are a pia to remove, to hard and way to complicated.
I dont find it very smooth in slow traffic.
The seat, sliding forward all the time.
The OEM Dunlops

·
Registered
268 Posts
I find the plastics to be not a big deal. They are easier to remove than the ST1300 plastics I used to deal with and I'm not seeing a need to remove them very often anyway.

The seat is OK, but could be better. After some longer trips I'll decide if I'm going to buy a Corbin or maybe a Sargeant seat.

The original tyres are OK, but they are taking up room in the garage - maybe I should sell them. So far I'm quite liking the E07 rear tyres for road & gravel performance combined with good life. The TKC80 front tyres seems OK on the road and very good on gravel, hopefully it gets a good life too.

Add-ons are quite costly, but that isn't something I can blame on the bike - more related to me deciding how I want things to be. Currently I'm saving for a set of Bumot panniers since my bank balance was destroyed by purchasing the brand new (2017 model) AT - US$1200 + shipping + local sales tax (15% GST) when it arrives in the country = quite a bit of money.

Overall I'm loving the bike, even though I know I'm going to spend thousands more on various things I want to change.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts