Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living close to AltRider's main office in Seattle is awesome and not so awesome at the same time. The AT seems to love it, my wallet not so much. I was able to add a few of their accessories to the AT this week. Love the build quality and functionality of their parts and their installation instructions are great, wish they were a bit cheaper though. Photos are attached and I added the links to the parts as well.

The front fender riser kit adds just under 1" of clearance between the tire and the fender. Easy install, took about 20 minutes.

The stainless steel mesh headlight guard is more bling than anything else. I know it would block a rock as long as it was big enough but overall I just like the look of it. Install was easy, kinda. I put the bracket under batzen windscreen adjuster and of course accidentally knocked those rubber threaded inserts into the front of the bike... twice. After a bit of cursing and lots of disassembly and reassembly later I got it mounted properly and it looks great, really changes it's "face".

The luggage rack system was also a simple install with a few caveats. I chose this one because I really like the downward bent sides and they have many attachment points for straps. Also the rear rack is drilled for a Rotopax mount and I use them on my FJ Cruiser and expedition trailer already so I have some laying around I can mount on the rack. The one issue I ran into is the Hepco & Becker rack system uses the same mounting holes as the pillion rack mounting bracket so a little adjusting of the bracket was necessary to get it all to fit correctly (simply bent it a bit to get the bolt holes to line up on the plate). Otherwise it was a quick install and they look and function well.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Man, I *like* that fender riser kit. Nice! Gives enough clearance for most situations without raising the fender crazy high, like the High Fender kits.

Thanks for the heads up. Esp. knowing it's an easy install without having to relocate wires -- just snugging down the ABS sensor wire in its clip. And it's ATAS compatible.

And the cost it minimal.

Very cool. I'm in!

Thanks for the tip. Gary

Reactions: jays0n

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered mine a couple minutes ago. I was debating on getting the clear plastic covers, but then I read about light reflection with those and ordered the metal mesh in black instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts