Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ATAS 2019
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
anyone from Colombia in the Forum?

i have been a great fan of the AT and looking at buying used 2017, however my local KTM dealer is offering a good deal on a brand new 2017 1090 (not the R version) they have in stock.

my riding is 80-90% touring and with pillion most of the times.

i hear all the time loves and hates on the KTM, realiability vs performance, and different sorts of discussions as pros and cons that surely most of you have heard as well.

appreciate your honest feedback then...for a more road than off-road oriented ride:
- is the 21" front tire really a consideration?
- what´s your opinion on the pillion comfort?

any other feedback regarding recalls, quality, maintenance that you would recommend to a potential AT owner?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The trick in life is to have enough $ to buy both ;-) . Tough decision. Just by name, don't care what bike it is, I personally would stick with Honda. More dealers/repair shops in America here. And probably a little cheaper on the repairs. May be different where you are. Like I said, tough decision.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey there Choyosja,

I concur with MrRobb. I'd go with the AT. Throw on some 50/50 or 70/30s and you'll be fine for touring if that's your focus. Since you go two up a lot there are tonnes of seat options out there for a better set up than OEM. I did a quick google map search and there are like only 2 or 3 KTM shops, on the other hand for Honda there were many many more sites. That said it's a Honda bro....you shouldn't have too many problems anyways, but good to know you have more options for a safety net.

Colombia is amazing. You're very fortunate to be there. My wife and I have friends down there. I remember driving from Bucaramanga to San Jil and thinking what an amazing road this would be on my motorcycle....wow!

Good luck. In the end get whatever bike calls to you. At least you're riding. Keep the rubber side down.

Saludos cordiales!
DiscoStu

·
Registered
ATAS 2019
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey DiscStu, thanks for your reply, IF anytime you plan a trip overhere I Will be glad to help.

Hope to be Sharing pics of the New bike in a few weeks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts