Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Are the rims on the AT Mt type or WM.
Thanks

from motorcycle news:
You can fit tubeless tyres with tubes, but there are caveats. The first is that the rim has to be an MT-type rim. If it is marked as a WM-type rim you can only fit tubed tyres. If the inside of the tyre is ribbed, that can chafe against the tube, generating heat and wear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sooo just got off phone with dealer the will not mount tubeless tire to a tube type rim.
This really stinks as it cuts down my tire options considerably.
?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Never heard of such a thing as a dealer refusing to put a tube in tubeless tire. Find another dealer or get yourself some good tire irons and do it yourself. Tubes in most tubeless tires work fine. I have used them on my dual-sport bike for years. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never heard of such a thing as a dealer refusing to put a tube in tubeless tire. Find another dealer or get yourself some good tire irons and do it yourself. Tubes in most tubeless tires work fine. I have used them on my dual-sport bike for years. Never had a problem.
They had safety concern regarding the bead on a tube type rim as opposed to a tubeless type rim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Update
called back after i discovered the dunlops are tubeless and spoke to a different fellow he said the will mount tubeless tire and run a tube no prob lol
Now time to decide Pirelli or conti ��

1 - 9 of 9 Posts