Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROPL (Rolling On the Pavement Laughing)
ALWAYS make sure the side stand is all the way down BEFORE trying to get off the bike, my words of wisdom for the day. Otherwise you’ll be picking her up like I had to in my work parking lot.. What a great way to start the day

·
Registered
18 Posts
Happy to hear you have a keen sense of humor because I would be pissed! Just don’t do it twice in one day and I am sure you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Happy to hear you have a keen sense of humor because I would be pissed! Just don’t do it twice in one day and I am sure you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No harm the engine guards served their purpose. Well if some dumb azz would have used the parking brake the Honda so graciously gave him, I wouldn’t have been able to post this...
Math 101:
1 dip in pavement + 1 side stand not all the way down + 0 parking brake = nothing good

·
Registered
201 Posts
No harm the engine guards served their purpose. Well if some dumb azz would have used the parking brake the Honda so graciously gave him, I wouldn’t have been able to post this...
Math 101:
1 dip in pavement + 1 side stand not all the way down + 0 parking brake = nothing good
Is it wrong to giggle?
Id of been spitting feathers over my own stupidity...hope there wasn't much damage mate

·
Registered
382 Posts
I learned my own lesson of sorts with my previous 2016. The lesson was called "Don't try to put it up on the center stand with soapy boots after you wash it." :)

Boot slipped off, lost my balance, the bike went over. My ego was hurt worse than the bike :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it wrong to giggle?
Id of been spitting feathers over my own stupidity...hope there wasn't much damage mate
No harm in a good laugh at stupidity and no harm to the bike just some scuffed paint on the guards

I learned my own lesson of sorts with my previous 2016. The lesson was called "Don't try to put it up on the center stand with soapy boots after you wash it." :)

Boot slipped off, lost my balance, the bike went over. My ego was hurt worse than the bike :)
Oh! So you’re supposed to clean them BEFORE you drop them, crap, I did it all wrong... Thanks for the tip.

This is staring to be an informative post on the proper way to drop a AT >:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
No harm in a good laugh at stupidity and no harm to the bike just some scuffed paint on the guards

Oh! So you’re supposed to clean them BEFORE you drop them, crap, I did it all wrong... Thanks for the tip.

This is staring to be an informative post on the proper way to drop a AT >:)

Cleaning before dropping makes for easier damage assessment :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, allows the water to drain from those hard to reach places :grin2:
Remember power naps are only beneficial if under 30 minutes :)
See this thread IS turning out to be an informative or maybe beneficial for those of use who allow our bikes to take “naps”
Strange tho, mine seems to like to nap on pavement - one would think grass would be more comfortable...Must be one of those; “you just gotta get a nap in where you can” things...

·
Registered
327 Posts
See this thread IS turning out to be an informative or maybe beneficial for those of use who allow our bikes to take “naps”
Strange tho, mine seems to like to nap on pavement - one would think grass would be more comfortable...Must be one of those; “you just gotta get a nap in where you can” things...
Any "wet dream" issues regarding the AT taking a nap?

I know some older bikes just can't help to relieve gasoline all over the place. I recall one instance where an HD did so on its trapped rider while down. She was not impressed.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any "wet dream" issues regarding the AT taking a nap?

I know some older bikes just can't help to relieve gasoline all over the place. I recall one instance where an HD did so on its trapped rider while down. She was not impressed.
Nope, but I wouldn’t think it would be a issue with any fuel injection bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I take my bike to areas that seem to always make her very sleepy. You'd think she had narcolepsy or something. 😂

I can confirm, I've not yet witnessed any wet dreams....once I finally get her out of bed, she wakes right up, raring to go.

·
Registered
382 Posts
...one would think grass would be more comfortable...Must be one of those; “you just gotta get a nap in where you can” things...
Well, they are cold-blooded, so perhaps they choose to nap on the pavement to warm themselves in the cool months and cool themselves in the summer :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, they are cold-blooded, so perhaps they choose to nap on the pavement to warm themselves in the cool months and cool themselves in the summer :)
Great....
now I gotta get a heat lamp or one of those hot rocks for my AT to sit on >:)
well I do know she likes to eat bugs, cause in the summer time I’m constantly wiping them off her face...

Lol, maybe this should of been a how well do you know your AT thread..

·
Registered
47 Posts
My brand new just delivered 2020 AS DCT had a nap in my garage when I was moving it and I haven't even ridden it yet. Put the bike down on the side stand and it folded. It must have rolled forward just enough. I'm new to DCT so never even thought of the parking brake. I was pissed for 15 seconds then picked it up. The Honda factory bars and panniers did their job and there isn't a mark on them or the bike. The hand guards are mounted using speed nuts (like what is used for windshields) so that was easy to fix on the one that popped off. I have a ton of them for all the times I took the windshield on and off my CB500X so no big deal.

My wife has always said she hates shifting. I got a DCT. I told her I have to drop my bike before she is allowed to ride it to try the automatic... Now I guess I have to let her... Once the snow melts...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My brand new just delivered 2020 AS DCT had a nap in my garage when I was moving it and I haven't even ridden it yet. Put the bike down on the side stand and it folded. It must have rolled forward just enough. I'm new to DCT so never even thought of the parking brake. I was pissed for 15 seconds then picked it up. The Honda factory bars and panniers did their job and there isn't a mark on them or the bike. The hand guards are mounted using speed nuts (like what is used for windshields) so that was easy to fix on the one that popped off. I have a ton of them for all the times I took the windshield on and off my CB500X so no big deal.

My wife has always said she hates shifting. I got a DCT. I told her I have to drop my bike before she is allowed to ride it to try the automatic... Now I guess I have to let her... Once the snow melts...
Hmmmm, maybe your wife set it up to fall over cause she couldn’t wait for you to drop it. lol!

My wife definitely prefers the DCT and likes that the AT has more passenger room than my old bike. I’m sure your other half will enjoy it too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts