Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading over on ADV, Honda UK will not be releasing pricing information until the 28th of November, which is Day 1 of Motorcycle Live and the AT's UK debut...

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can probably get a general idea of how much it'll cost by converting the U.S. prices.
no you can't... converting US price (12 and change) gives you ~9 grand starting. Euro price is €12,100 seems its going to be consistent across...
New motorcycles sold in the UK (and a few other countries) are priced "On The Road", meaning all taxes, fees, licenses, etc. are included in the amount listed on the price tag, whereas new bikes here in the U.S. are priced as "MSRP, plus Freight, Set Up, and TT&L". In other words, you don't get to ride away on a new AT for the U.S. MSRP of $12,999... depending on the state you live in, you'll be adding at least $1000 to $1500 to that MSRP by the time you're actually riding off the dealers lot.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Buy through costco you do not pay for setup and delivery
Wasn't aware of that, good to know, helps that Costco is as big as they are, since they're more than likely to make up for that cost elsewhere. Plus they get return customers like crazy... making a loss like that make up for itself in a short time frame.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Costco stocks up on the newest models?
Apparently they do, smart move since they have a customer base to move the product to, just look how big of a company they are.
No, they don't actually stock Honda motorcycles (or any other brand of powersports). What Costco offers is a buying service, which they do through certain authorized dealers. Also, I don't believe this Costco buyers service is available in all parts of the county... doesn't seem to be available in my area anyway.

·
Registered
359 Posts
They probably just go by where ever demand is justified for them to swoop in and get a piece of the pie, only makes sense. No point if demand is low.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The only thing I'm concerned with is the UK pricing. This place didn't earn its unofficial title of Rip Off Britain for no reason !

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only thing I'm concerned with is the UK pricing. This place didn't earn its unofficial title of Rip Off Britain for no reason !
And post #'s 6 through 11 are really off topic to this thread and should be deleted... too bad this site doesn't have a Moderator yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts