Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a ATAS 2020, you did figure it out by the title 馃槄
So, this happens:
Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel Vehicle audio

When this happens, all the control buttons on the left side doesn't work, still the touchscreen works, but only in the menus, not in this screen.
The "fun fact" is that my display was updated 3/4 times already, and this still happens, not everytime, but when I don't expect.

The configuration should be Tour Mode, with Gold screen, my gas tank was full, and as you can see I don't have any info about the ES, it just went away...

Anyone came accross the same issue?
The dealer doesn't know how to solve this, I've tried different dealers but they all say "In the next update that stops happening..."

Best regards to you all, hope to have some feedback ;)

Registered
The dealer should be calling their service tech rep and getting it fixed not spouting excuses. If the dealer isn't getting it done, take it to another dealer or complain to Honda.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer should be calling their service tech rep and getting it fixed not spouting excuses. If the dealer isn't getting it done, take it to another dealer or complain to Honda.
Yup, I鈥檓 about to do it. Just wanted some thoughts because last year I found someone here with the same problem鈥

Registered
I had this happen this weekend, exact same screen. After turning power on and off 3 times it went away, the third and final time I didn鈥檛 touch the starter I patiently let the logo come up and cleared the lawyer screen then started up. I then proceeded to do a ton of gnarly off road with a few drops and a 250 mile road ride and it never came up again. I am going to report this to Honda thanks for the pic I forgot to get one.

Registered
Yup, I鈥檓 about to do it. Just wanted some thoughts because last year I found someone here with the same problem鈥
Hi Tiago, I had issues with my screen but was a bit different than you, mine stop responding to touch, but all buttons worked. the solution was to replace the full head unit.

Registered
@tiagorodrigues

I've had my 2020 Adventure Sports for a year now, with 13 500kms on the clock.

It's happened twice with me during this time. Once before the Firmware upgrade & once after the upgrade. Initially I thought it was because of the old Firmware.
And about a month ago, while riding, the LCD screen rebooted itself.

Regarding that screen you showed, I just turned the ignition off, waited a while, turned it back on & waited till the screen booted completely (& after pressing the OK)

Maybe (& hopefully) it's just a Firmware issue & hopefully Honda will release an update.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what is the latest Firmware? Maybe there is an update already out.

Registered
This might one of multiple reasons why Honda has the small LCD screen because they can't promise the primary screen interface to be always reliable. :rolleyes:
Isn't that the truth. 拢18000 worth of bike! The screen becomes unresponsive or won't change screens. Bransons in Yeovil, Devon, UK won't do anything as when they check it there is nothing wrong of course.
I am looking at rejecting my bike for this and other issues with engine braking or lack of it, loss of bluetooth and andoid auto connections frequently etc. No support thus far from dealer or Honda.

ps Love the bike when it was working

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts