Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Africans,

After removing the OEM crashbar from my ATAS, i am unable to remove the bracket from underneath the headlights to be able to install the new bracket for the Outbackmotorteck' upper guards. Anyone knows a way to remive this backet?
Thank you,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello Africans,

After removing the OEM crashbar from my ATAS, i am unable to remove the bracket from underneath the headlights to be able to install the new bracket for the Outbackmotorteck' upper guards. Anyone knows a way to remive this backet?
Thank you,
I know one of my two bolts was cross threaded at assembly. I had to tap a torx bit in to remove it.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Hello Africans,

Thank you, View attachment 58447
Hello! I had to use a screw extractor as one of mine was either cross-threaded or damaged. Was painless but should not have been necessary!

·
Super Moderator
2,398 Posts
Hello! I had to use a screw extractor as one of mine was either cross-threaded or damaged. Was painless but should not have been necessary!
As per usual with the AT, I had one of the two froze also, but, after a few hits with a nice sharp chisel to get the bolt turning. It then turned the rest of the way out by hand ...

Reactions: Eric2019ATAS

·
Registered
2018 ATAS DCT
13 Posts
I just did the same upgrade as you are doing and mine was froze too I'm guessing they must have use strong thread lock or something, one trick I did on one side of mine was to use a small thin grinding wheel and cut the slot for a flat screwdriver it worked the other side was stubborn had to drill and and use the extractor

·
Super Moderator
4,567 Posts
I just did the same upgrade as you are doing and mine was froze too I'm guessing they must have use strong thread lock or something, one trick I did on one side of mine was to use a small thin grinding wheel and cut the slot for a flat screwdriver it worked the other side was stubborn had to drill and and use the extractor
That is great info @Wpala. Welcome to the Forum!

Feel free to introduce yourself over at Member Introductions:

·
Registered
59 Posts
They have some pretty serious thread locker on them. I ruined one before I realized what was happening. After trying a couple of different things I ended up using a small torch to heat the bolt head enough to soften / burn off the thread locker and it spun right out super easy. Wish I had known what was going on before I ruined the first one. I admit to spending what seemed like hours trying to get this out. Should have been easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts